Strategy & Internal Consulting Senior Associate
- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- New York Life Insurance Company
- 23 Apr 19
Strategy & Internal Consulting Senior Associate
A career at New York Life offers many opportunities. To be part of a growing and successful business. To reach your full potential, whatever your specialty. Above all, to make a difference in the world by helping people achieve financial security. It's a career journey you can be proud of, and you'll find plenty of support along the way. Our development programs range from skill-building to management training, and we value our diverse and inclusive workplace where all voices can be heard. Recognized as one of Fortune's World's Most Admired Companies, New York Life is committed to improving local communities through a culture of employee giving and service, supported by our Foundation . It all adds up to a rewarding career at a company where doing right by our customers is part of who we are, as a mutual company without outside shareholders. We invite you to bring your talents to New York Life, so we can continue to help families and businesses "Be Good At Life." To learn more, please visit LinkedIn , our Newsroom and the Careers page of www.NewYorkLife.com .
Job Title: Senior Associate, Strategy & Internal Consulting at New York Life Insurance Company
New York Life Insurance Company ("New York Life" or "the company") is the largest mutual life insurance company in the United States. Founded in 1845 and headquartered in New York City, New York Life reported 2017 operating earnings of $2.06 billion. Total assets under management at year end 2017, with affiliates, totaled $586 billion.
New York Life holds the highest possible financial strength ratings currently awarded to any life insurer from all four of the major ratings agencies: A.M. Best, A++; Fitch AAA; Moody's AAA; Standard & Poor's AA+ (Source: Individual independent rating agency commentary as of 8/1/17).
Financial strength, integrity and humanity-the values upon which New York Life was founded-have guided the company's decisions and actions for over 170 years.
Our primary businesses areas are Life Insurance, Retirement and Investments supported by an industry leading Career Agency Distribution channel, Direct to Consumer channel and Third Party Distribution channels.
New York Life is seeking a highly qualified individual to join the Strategy & Internal Consulting team based in New York, NY.
The Strategy & Internal Consulting team works closely with the CEO and the Executive Leadership Team to help define & articulate business strategy and support oversight and execution of key enterprise strategic initiatives and other large / complex programs. This team works closely with Finance, Technology and other key stakeholders to drive the annual planning process. The team also supports key decision-making forums and senior executive/Board meetings.
The team partners with Senior Leaders in the various business and functional areas to support development and execution of strategic initiatives within those areas. The team's role typically includes framing and analyzing complex business problems, developing recommendations, partnering with line managers to drive execution, facilitating governance and communication processes, and playing a key role in informing and influencing decision making.
The Strategy & Internal Consulting team comprises high performing individuals with strong academic credentials and professional experiences with backgrounds in management consulting & industry.
Thought Leadership & Advisory
- Frame and analyze complex problems
- Assess areas of opportunity, in line with overall vision and strategy
- Develop pragmatic solutions to key strategic and operational issues
- Develop & present recommendations to senior leadership
Strategic Planning Office & Executive Communication
- Support strategic planning processes, including interdependencies between key business, technology and financial planning processes
- Facilitate structured reviews of the enterprise portfolio of strategic initiatives & implications (e.g., budget considerations, resource allocation, etc.)
- Support agenda and materials development for senior executive audiences & meetings e.g., Board Meetings, Executive Offsites, etc.
- Approach projects holistically, owning and driving end-to-end delivery of solutions with guidance from senior team members
- Lead execution of key enterprise initiatives by forming collaborative partnerships with colleagues across businesses and functional areas
- Provide thought leadership and subject matter expertise in relevant areas (e.g., Digital Transformation, Robotics, Risk and Compliance, etc.)
- Manage enterprise governance and communication processes
We are looking for outstanding individuals with excellent intellectual & analytical capabilities, pragmatic problem solving skills, strong communications & influencing capabilities, a robust strategy & change management toolkit and a passion to effect change across the organization.
- Bachelor's degree required, MBA or advanced degree preferred
- 2-3 years in a top-tier management consulting firm
- Outstanding critical thinking, analytical and quantitative abilities
- Strong communication skills including experience in developing C-suite presentations
- Experience in financial services preferred, insurance expertise is a plus
- Experience in structuring & delivering technology strategy projects and a broad understanding of current technology practices (Agile, Cloud Computing/SaaS, Enterprise Data Management, etc.) & emerging trends (Robotics/AI, InsurTech, etc.) is desired
- Collaborative work style / leadership presence with ability to effectively interact with & earn trust of peers and senior management across the organization
- Project and process management skills, including proven ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Executive presence; self-starter with a keen sense of ownership and commitment to the work, and a passion to deliver results
If you have difficulty using or interacting with any portions of this Web site due to incompatibility with an Assistive Technology, if you need the information in an alternative format, or if you have suggestions on how we can make this site more accessible, please contact us at: (212) 576-5811.