Support Engineer (w/ Java)
Our Team Clearing, Markets & Issuer Services Technology (CMIST)
is responsible for application development and support for critical business systems including Repo Edge (collateral management), Enterprise Payment Hub (multi-currency payment processing), and Broker Dealer Clearance (securities clearing), along with approximately 350 other applications used by the following high-priority business services and their clients. Clearance and Collateral Technology (CCT)
within CMIST builds clearance and collateral management platforms to service BNY Mellon's broker-dealer clients and is the sole provider for Government Securities Clearing Services. Considering the core nature of the business and the dominant market share, high-performance and resiliency are key pillars of the technology architecture. The group is currently focused on Repo Modernization, which will pave the way to the Future of Collateral for the business - providing strengthened platform resiliency and new trade capabilities within a unified system. All CCT applications are built for real-time operations aided by a data warehouse for reporting and business insights. The Role
As a Production Support Engineer, you will have a lead role in providing technical support to more complex situations in BNY Mellon's Clearance and Collateral Technology (CCT).
- Responsible for managing overall availability, reliability, and defect prevention.
- Respond to, diagnose, and resolve service disruptions
- Identify, define, and implement required monitoring and automation solutions
- Conduct root cause analysis for complex production issues
- Create and maintain support documentation and procedures
- Ability to deal with time sensitive issues in support of critical service level commitments
- Provide rotational support for the Applications within CCT ( Batch, Online)
- Contribute to developing Tools, CCT Support Portal ( Angular, Rest API, Queries against Oracle DB)
- Customizing Tools/Synthetics such as AppDynamics, DynaTrace, Prometheus, Grafana, Moogsoft or related solutions.
- Developing Automation Health checks for App Health
- Provide technical support for the applications, understanding their data flow and end user interfaces.
- Perform deep dives into issues and have an ability to diagnose and resolve application and/or escalate to ensure optimal performance.
Maintains and supports highly complex applications and their operating environments. Performs complex troubleshooting as a subject matter expert for a portfolio of applications. Works to ensure appropriate monitoring and alerting setup. Leads root cause analysis and problem management for complex problems potentially spanning multiple applications, to address underlying technical issues. Collaborates with business and application development stakeholders Collaborates with business, application development and infrastructure stakeholders. Lead production readiness reviews and PTO controls for new releases and projects. Analyzes system requirements. Reviews and evaluates plans for major projects and initiatives to ensure they meet system needs. Coordinates the monitoring of major changes to applications and their operating environment. Analyzes the most complex issues that arise. Collaborates with development, quality assurance, operations, support and infrastructure teams to manage application capacity and application monitoring & instrumentatio. nCreation of architectural diagrams and design specifications to aid automation. Designs, implements, and maintains automation toolsets for configuration management, infrastructure and application deployment processes. Complex Incident, Problem Management & Troubleshooting. May mentor or provide guidance for junior team members. Contributes to the achievement of area objectives MODIFIED BASED UPON LOCAL REGULATIONS/REQUIREMENTS Bachelor's degree in computer science or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience required; advanced degree is beneficial 10-12 years of diverse experience in multiple areas of information technology required; experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus Qualifications QUALIFICATIONS
Bachelor's degree in computer science or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience required, advanced degree is beneficial, 10-12 years of diverse experience in multiple areas of information technology required, experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
- Java application support and Tools development using (JavaSpring, Angular, Rest API, Queries against Oracle DB) .
- Experience with scripting languages - Perl, Bash, Maven etc.
- Experience with monitoring tools a plus - AppDynamics, Splunk, Dynatrace, Cloud Proper, Grafana, Moogsoft or related solutions.
- Working knowledge of DevOps tools GIT, JIRA, ServiceNow, Ansible, Kibana, Solarwinds,
- Experience supporting mission critical platforms, operation and applications.
- Knowledge of Network Technology is plus.
- Strong communication skills, and a positive and pro-active attitude
- Analytic, data driven, and strong debugging skills
- Familiarity with ITIL Service Management.
- Self-motivated ability to do multi-tasking, where the individual has to handle multiple application requests from various sources.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans. Our ambition is to build the best global team - one that is representative and inclusive of the diverse talent, clients and communities we work with and serve - and to empower our team to do their best work. We support wellbeing and a balanced life, and offer a range of family-friendly, inclusive employment policies and employee forums. Primary Location:
United States-New York-New York Internal Jobcode:
Information Technology Organization:
Clearing Markets ISS Svcs Tech-HR16624 Requisition Number: