We are actively seeking to hire an experienced Software engineer for a C#/ SQL Server suite of applications relating to the life cycle management processes of a synthetic prime brokerage business with a strong focus on equity swaps. Candidate will be responsible for working with product management/ business analysts to design solutions to functional and non-functional changes on the SwapOne application. They will then develop, test and document their changes and provide support during user acceptance testing. They will also be responsible for providing L2 support for the platform as needed. Duties & accountabilities for the role are as follows:
- Development - Development of the SwapOne application in accordance with the application's roadmap, design patterns, standards and business vision of the division. Assistance with analysis and requirements definition, solution design, coding of changes and writing of unit tests to ensure changes match both functional and non-functional requirements.
- Client Integration - Work with sales and business analysis team to facilitate deployment and integration of SwapOne with newly on-boarded clients.
- Support - Although we have a dedicated support team, the development team is responsible for resolving issues escalated to them by the support team. This involves being available (on a rota basis) for escalations overnight and at weekends.
- Continuous Delivery - Assist with the team's vision of moving towards a continuous delivery methodology through implementation of automated units test, and contribution towards the industrialisation of our build and deployment processes.
- Technical Vision - Contribute to the evolving long term technical road map for the SwapOne platform ensuring that the technical solutions and patterns within the application remain current and that we are constantly improving the quality and ease of delivery. Proactively engage in efforts to reduce technical debt and the remediation of issues related to code quality, functional behaviour, and performance.
Inclusion and diversity are critical to the success of IHS Markit, and we actively encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other protected category. For more information on the many ways in which we enthusiastically support inclusion and diversity efforts for both candidates and employees, please access our Inclusion & Diversity Statement here .
We are proud to provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please contact or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are considered on a case-by-case basis. This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only. We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process, and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit maintains a substance-free workplace; employees may be asked to submit to a drug test (where permitted by law). In addition, as a federal contractor in the United States, the company participates in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work.
For information please click on the following links:
IHS Markit Business Code of Conduct
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Pay Transparency Statement Current Colleagues
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.