Systems Security Architect - CTO Office
The Bloomberg CTO Office is the forward-looking technical arm of Bloomberg L.P. We envision, design and prototype the next generation infrastructure, hardware and applications that interface in all aspects of the company including financial products, broadcast and media, data centers, internal IT and our global network. Our team:
We are the CTO Security Architecture group. We solve complex security problems to enable innovative new products, and prototype the next generation of infrastructure security technologies. Whether we're designing our next generation security controls, or threat modeling our distributed systems, our goal is to define the future of how we secure Bloomberg's infrastructure. That's where you come in.
As a CTO security architect, you'll be trusted to understand security requirements of our software stack and service oriented architecture, provide guidance for usable infrastructure security, ensure that logical security controls are manageable at our scale, and much more. Your leadership skills will influence the roadmap for future security technologies, while working alongside motivated engineers across the company to keep Bloomberg at the cutting edge. Our team works across many areas of security architecture, and you will have the opportunity to focus on the projects you are passionate about and bring your expertise to help reach our team's goals. We'll expect you to:
- Take a leadership role in defining tools, techniques and technologies used to secure Bloomberg's infrastructure and systems.
- Undertake new infrastructure development, guiding teams to appropriate security architectures and modernizing Bloomberg's system security standards.
- Foster a culture of security consciousness while understanding the trade-offs between security, usability and performance on a large scale.
- Help develop strategies to secure Bloomberg's financial products, network, and migration to the public cloud. You'll need to have:
- 5+ years of experience building, maintaining and managing security aspects of large-scale infrastructure and applications.
- Demonstrated threat modeling capabilities in networking, infrastructure and applications as they impact the security posture of an organization.
- A track record of building collaborative relationships with stakeholders across many functions, with a focus on correctness, scalability and usability of distributed infrastructure.
- Ability to build proof-of-concepts solutions, innovate, and partner with Engineering teams to drive adoption.
- Experience in UNIX system administration and automation with an emphasis on security. We'd love to see:
- Experience building or migrating products and security controls to the public cloud.
- Experience managing large scale infrastructure with Chef, Salt, Containers, Kubernetes, Artifactory, etc.
- Experience building security controls using OS mechanisms (eBPF, seccomp, etc)
- A working knowledge of cryptographic protocols.
- A track record of performing cutting edge security research.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunities employer, and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.