- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
TTS NA Pricing Analyst, AVP
TTS NA Pricing Analyst, AVP
- Primary Location: United States,New York,New York
- Education: Bachelor's Degree
- Job Function: Product Management
- Schedule: Full-time
- Shift: Day Job
- Employee Status: Regular
- Travel Time: Yes, 10 % of the Time
- Job ID: 18051597
Citi, the leading global bank, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions. Citi provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management. Our core activities are safeguarding assets, lending money, making payments and accessing the capital markets on behalf of our clients.
Citi's Mission and Value Proposition explains what we do and Citi Leadership Standards explain how we do it. Our mission is to serve as a trusted partner to our clients by responsibly providing financial services that enable growth and economic progress. We strive to earn and maintain our clients' and the public's trust by constantly adhering to the highest ethical standards and making a positive impact on the communities we serve. Our Leadership Standards is a common set of skills and expected behaviors that illustrate how our employees should work every day to be successful and strengthens our ability to execute against our strategic priorities.
Diversity is a key business imperative and a source of strength at Citi. We serve clients from every walk of life, every background and every origin. Our goal is to have our workforce reflect this same diversity at all levels. Citi has made it a priority to foster a culture where the best people want to work, where individuals are promoted based on merit, where we value and demand respect for others and where opportunities to develop are widely available to all.
The NA Pricing Team works with Sales to understand client needs and decision criteria and creates pricing proposals to maximize wallet and client profitability. The team works across most Cash products, with the exception of Trade and is in the unique position to understand the overall deal economics and suggest bundling options. Sitting between Product and Sales, the team works across the entire front office of the organization and provides opportunities for all team members to work with senior management in multiple functional areas and products.
In addition to deal driven activities, the Pricing Team works with Sales to create proactive working capital proposals to help incentivize clients to give Citi additional business in areas such as Trade Finance, Commercial Cards, and Payments.
The team also leads periodic activities such as client re-pricing/up-pricing whereby the team conducts a thorough analysis of our global client portfolio to identify clients who underutilize our services in NA. Other periodic activities include Product costing, global P&L analysis, and client P&L management.
The AVP will be expected to take ownership of client pricing proposals, working with more experienced team members to create unique value propositions by deal. With experience, AVP will be given more autonomy to work directly with the Solution Specialist and Banker on the value prop and liaise directly with senior management where necessary to gather approvals. The AVP will also perform analysis on client's account payable spend to produce recommendations on optimal strategy. In addition, AVP will also serve as senior subject matter expert regarding CWCA to sales and client management throughout the end-to-end sales process.
While an interest in analysis and modeling is important, previous experience is not necessary. Team members are also expected to present their own work to any relevant partners including all levels of management. Since the team sits between Product and Sales, one objective is to keep both partners comfortable with the proposal - this can be particularly difficult since there are disparate objectives 1) P&L management and 2) Sales generation. For this reason, creativity and product knowledge become very important to create a "value proposition", rather than a simple price guide.
Above all, a desire to continually learn and a comfort level with uncertainty are most important. No one will ever know everything about every product. It is imperative to understand who to go to for answers, and keep a positive and calm demeanor under tight timelines.
Responsibilities also include:
- Work with Sales and Product to create client pricing proposals & perform/present Working Capital Analytics to clients
- Ad hoc projects. Current and past examples include re-pricing/up-pricing, product costing, alternative pricing methodologies, develop benchmarks by industry/peer group, statistical portfolio analysis, win/loss analysis
- Work with Senior Management on consolidated value proposition proposals for Senior Deal Review. These include the most complex RFPs and Re-bids usually in excess of $2MM value annually and require additional scenario and sensitivity analysis.
- Ad hoc pricing proposals (deal-flow driven). The average analyst works on 2-7 deals per week depending on complexity
- Assist in on-boarding NYFI (branch 940) pricing. The team historically worked on 920/930 branches.
- Maintain pricing models and databases and work with Product/Sales to continually make enhancements.
- Statistical data analysis to identify patterns and trends in the portfolio as well as identifying the optimal bidding price
- Gain a working knowledge of Sales, Client Management, and Product (Payments, Receivables, Channel, Com Cards, Prepaid, Liquidity)
- Build a mid and senior level professional network by meeting day-to-day objectives
- Build technical skills in behavioral analysis, P&L analysis in Excel, Access, and Tableau
- Learn sales skills by creating value propositions that meet unique client needs
Two plus years experience in a decision management, data science or analytics, finance role
Bachelor's degree in Economics, Technology, International Business, or Finance or related field
- Analytical/modelling skills
- Desire to work with many different people on a daily basis (This is NOT a role that is self-contained)
- Some programming experience
- Organization, teamwork and communication skills all important (multiple project will be going on at one time
- Self management/self-motivation, time management
- Must meet all deadlines - these are client dictated