- New York, NY, USA New York NY US
- Permanent, Part time
- Vontobel Asset Management, Inc.
- 17 Jul 18 2018-07-17
Vontobel is seeking a Tax Manager to be responsible for the Vontobel Asset Management, Inc.
Vontobel Asset Management, Inc. is a global investment management firm dedicated exclusively to managing long-only global equity portfolios. Established in 1984, Vontobel serves both institutional and intermediary clients including some of the world’s leading corporations, public and private pension funds. Vontobel is a wholly owned subsidiary of Vontobel Holding AG and a sister company of Bank Vontobel AG, one of Switzerland’s foremost and financially stable private banks for more than ninety years. Vontobel’s investment expertise is rooted in its passion for active asset management. We believe the Firm has built a successful track record by taking a common sense investment approach: seek high quality growth at sensible prices to generate consistently attractive risk-adjusted long-term performance with less than benchmark risk.
Vontobel is seeking a Tax Manager to be responsible for the Vontobel Asset Management, Inc. (VAMUS) tax compliance, tax planning and accounting for income taxes. The position is a part time role (approximately 25 hours per week) and is based in New York. The successful candidate will work with businesses, service providers, and other tax professionals in carrying out his or her responsibilities. He or she will work with financial management within the Company and third party service providers. This position reports to the Head of Group Tax for Vontobel Group based in Zurich Switzerland.
Essential Job Duties
- Responsible for completion of federal, state and local income tax returns including all related analysis and support.
- Oversight of the tax returns for Vontobel Asset Management Hong Kong (VAMHK) (100% owned subsidiary of VAMUS)
- Responsible for completion of use and property tax functions.
- Responsible for audits of federal, state and local income tax and state and local filings.
- Work with Finance to gather required information.
- Responsible for accounting for income taxes (SFAS No. 109) VAMUS and VAMHK.
- Coordinate with Finance for the payment of estimated tax for federal, state, local, sales and use and property tax
- Coordination of accounting for income taxes for international subsidiaries with third party vendors.
- Responsible for transfer pricing and internal management fee arrangements.
- Manage Ernst & Young teams across all US Tax functions.
- Manage the Dreyfus calculation with BDO.
- Assist Finance with the Financial Audit - ensuring the tax provision is reviewed timely prior to yearend and at year end.
- Liaison with Finance and the Business areas on projects that could change the tax landscape.
- Ensuring that appropriate internal controls are in place over accounting for income taxes.
- Review all BEA questionnaires/forms prior to filing.
- Bachelor’s Degree (B.S.) in Finance and/or Accounting (minimum)
- 7-10 years of related tax experience
- Must have a demonstrated hands-on approach and success in working in a team-based environment.
As a part time position, this role is not eligible for healthcare benefits. However, the candidate would be eligible for retirement and other benefits.