- New York, NY, USA New York NY US
- Permanent, Full time
- Vontobel Asset Management, Inc.
- 18 Sep 18 2018-09-18
Vontobel is seeking a Tax Manager to be responsible for the Vontobel Asset Management, Inc.
Vontobel Asset Management, Inc. is a global investment management firm dedicated exclusively to managing long-only global equity portfolios. Established in 1984, Vontobel serves both institutional and intermediary clients including some of the world’s leading corporations, public and private pension funds. Vontobel is a wholly owned subsidiary of Vontobel Holding AG and a sister company of Bank Vontobel AG, one of Switzerland’s foremost and financially stable private banks for more than ninety years. Vontobel’s investment expertise is rooted in its passion for active asset management. We believe the Firm has built a successful track record by taking a common sense investment approach: seek high quality growth at sensible prices to generate consistently attractive risk-adjusted long-term performance with less than benchmark risk.
Vontobel is seeking a Tax Manager to be responsible for tax compliance, tax planning and accounting for income taxes. The position is a full time role and is based in New York. The successful candidate will work with businesses, service providers, and other tax professionals in carrying out his or her responsibilities. He or she will work with financial management within the Company and third party service providers. This position reports to the Head of Group Tax for Vontobel Group based in Zurich Switzerland.
Essential Job Duties
- Responsible for completion, oversight and filing of federal, state and local income tax returns including all related analysis and support.
- Responsible for completion of use and property tax functions.
- Responsible for audits of federal, state and local income tax and state and local filings.
- Work with Finance to gather required information.
- Responsible for accounting for income taxes (SFAS No. 109).
- Coordinate with Finance for the payment of estimated tax for federal, state, local, sales and use and property tax
- Coordination of accounting for income taxes for international subsidiaries with third party vendors.
- Manage and coordinate recovery of foreign withholding taxation.
- Responsible for transfer pricing and related parties management fee arrangements.
- Manage vendors across all US Tax functions.
- Prepare and manage the Dreyfus calculation.
- Prepare and manage periodic and year-end tax provision calculations.
- Assist Finance with the Financial Audit..
- Ensuring that appropriate internal controls are in place over accounting for income taxes.
- Review all BEA questionnaires/forms prior to filing.
- Liaison with Finance and the Business areas on projects that could change the tax landscape.
- Assist the Group Tax team with various tax related matter.
- Bachelor’s Degree (B.S.) in Finance and/or Accounting (minimum)
- 7-10 years of related tax experience
- Must have a demonstrated hands-on approach and success in working in a team-based environment.