Deloitte Tax LLP seeks a Tax Senior in New York, NY. Work You'll Do
Assist companies with national, state and local and international tax structures and align the tax function with business objectives. Assist clients with fundamental tax planning and analysis, work to understand company-specific business and tax issues and identify and mitigate risk areas. Under the supervision of Tax Managers/Tax Senior Managers, oversee tax consulting projects for clients in diverse industries. Research and analyze a wide range of tax issues encountered on engagements. Assume tax-planning responsibilities for our federal clients and assist with the supervision of assignments. Assist with tax planning opportunity identification, implementing tax planning projects, providing tax research and analysis for clients in diverse industries, and keeping up-to-date on current tax practices and technical issues. Develop a working knowledge of the client's business and tax systems, take responsibility for clearing open items relating to assigned areas, meeting client deadlines, and contribute to the successful completion of projects. Mentor and coach junior team members and escalate issues when necessary. Actively participate in engagement planning. Will commute with New York, NY area to perform the above job duties. #LI-DNI Requirements
- Bachelor's (or higher) degree in Accounting, Finance, Taxation, or related field (willing to accept foreign education equivalent).
- Eighteen months of experience providing tax planning services or preparing and reviewing client work papers and tax returns.
- Experience must include eighteen months of:
- Preparing and reviewing federal and state income tax returns for C-Corporations, S-Corporations and Partnerships, including Forms 1120, 1120S, and 1065;
- Applying tax software, including GoSystem, to prepare federal, state and local, and international income tax returns and process filings;
- Utilizing tax research tools, including BNA, CCH, and RIA Checkpoint, to provide tax compliance and consulting services to various clients;
- Performing analysis for FIN 48, effective tax rate reconciliation, return to provision true-up and valuation allowance, testing and reviewing deferred tax schedules, and preparing tax review memos to properly account for income taxes during the audit of tax provisions for corporations;
- Preparing and reviewing quarterly estimated tax payments and extensions for corporations, and preparing schedules for federal and state income tax returns and state franchise tax;
- Auditing quarterly and annual tax provisions in accordance with ASC 740; and
- Assisting corporations in Internal Revenue Service and state tax examinations, and drafting memos to analyze and respond to IDRs and various tax notices.
- Position requires less than 10% travel outside of normal commuting distance.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you. Deloitte's culture
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Learn more about Life at Deloitte. Corporate citizenship
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte's impact on the world. Recruiter tips
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you're applying to. We also suggest that you brush up on your behavioral and case interviewing skills and practice discussing your experience and job history with a family member, friend, or mentor. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.
As used in this posting, "Deloitte" means Deloitte Tax LLP, a subsidiary of Deloitte LLP. Please see www.deloitte.com/us/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries. Certain services may not be available to attest clients under the rules and regulations of public accounting.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
Requisition code: XSFH20FT0220NYC2