Deloitte Tax LLP seeks a Tax Senior in New York, NY. Work You'll Do
Assist companies with national, state and local and international tax structures and align the tax function with business objectives. Under the supervision of Tax Managers, oversee tax consulting projects for client's real estate transactions. Research and analyze a wide range of tax issues encountered on engagements. Assume tax-planning responsibilities for our client's international, federal, state, and local filing requirements and assist with the supervision of assignments. Assist with tax planning opportunity identification, implementing tax planning projects, providing tax research and analysis for clients, and keeping up-to-date on current tax practices and technical issues. Develop a working knowledge of the client's business and tax systems, take responsibility for clearing open items relating to assigned areas, meeting client deadlines, and contribute to the successful completion of projects. Mentor and coach junior team members and escalate issues when necessary. Actively participate in engagement planning and decision-making. #LI-DNI Requirements
- Bachelor's (or higher) degree in Accounting, Finance, Taxation, Law, or related field (willing to accept foreign education equivalent).
- Eighteen months of experience preparing federal and state/local income tax returns for partnerships, and corporations.
- Experience must include eighteen months of:
- Analyzing partnership agreements with respect to real estate funds in order to compute complex tax calculations regarding partnership allocations, and analyzing US filing obligations and performing US withholding calculations for foreign partners;
- Utilizing tax research resources, including CCH, BNA, and RIA Checkpoint, to respond to federal and multistate tax notices for partnerships;
- Applying Subchapter K, and identifying technical issues for real estate-related funds, including basis, transfer of property, and terminations;
- Applying tax compliance calculations to the preparation of returns for C-Corporations and partnerships;
- Reviewing and preparing corporate and partnership tax returns using tax software, including SuperForms, GoSystem, and Corptax;
- Reviewing and completing workpapers, including Schedule K-1 and income allocation schedules, converting book balance sheets to taxable tax basis balance sheets;
- Analyzing complex tax allocations among real estate funds, and analyzing waterfall structure and preferred return to calculate partner income allocations;
- Researching and applying IRC codes, including 704, 754, installment sale, like-kind exchange, debt refinanced distribution, and partial disposition; and
- Working within a team environment to deliver fully integrated client services.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you. Deloitte's culture
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Learn more about Life at Deloitte. Corporate citizenship
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte's impact on the world. Recruiter tips
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you're applying to. We also suggest that you brush up on your behavioral and case interviewing skills and practice discussing your experience and job history with a family member, friend, or mentor. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.
As used in this posting, "Deloitte" means Deloitte Tax LLP, a subsidiary of Deloitte LLP. Please see www.deloitte.com/us/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries. Certain services may not be available to attest clients under the rules and regulations of public accounting.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
Requisition code: XSFH20FT0220NYC1