Tech Support Engineer
Tech Support Engineer
The Desktop Support Technician is responsible for providing quality support services to the various groups in a fast pace financial company. This is a hands-on role requiring the ability to handle various problems with expertise and exceptional judgment while working with end-users.
The role will require the individual to interface directly with trading business units to ensure the rest of the support team is meeting the business needs. The role is also responsible for proactive communication with the business. Principal Responsibilities
- Deliver high-quality support to all end-users in a courteous professional manner
- Field incident phone calls and emails from end users
- Leverage ServiceNow to manage incident and problem workflows
- Troubleshoot basic network and telecommunications connectivity issues
- Support of desktop technology and desktop applications in Windows environments (Linux desktop support experience a plus), including remote access tools
- Knowledge and troubleshooting skills in the Microsoft Windows OS, Microsoft Office Suite, mobile devices, printers and other applications
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills are a must as well as the ability to work well independently
- Understand and evaluate end-users needs and develop creative technical solutions to meet them
- Support projects that evolve as a result of firm-wide technical initiatives
- Strong communication skills. Ensure end-users are informed of issue status through resolution; escalate to the appropriate technology teams when necessary
- Minimum of five years of progressive technical support experience in a financial institution required
- Bachelor's degree strongly preferred
- Ability to direct activities of peers and others not reporting directly to the person
- Knowledge of Active Directory, Exchange, Citrix remote access and application delivery
- Linux desktop environment (centos)
- Comprehensive knowledge of Windows based desktops and the key applications - Outlook, MS Office, etc.
- Strong understanding of market data - Bloomberg, Thomson Reuters, etc. Proven expertise in integrating with Excel plug-ins, troubleshooting API broken links, effectively working with vendor technical support.
- Broad understanding of mobile technology
- Must have excellent written and verbal communications skills as well as strong customer service experience.
- Process oriented individual
- Must demonstrate an ability and interest in having a hands-on approach to customer service.
- Availability for night and weekend shift work as well as light travel to branch offices
- Experience in supporting servers and data centers a plus
- MCP/MCSE/CCNA or equivalent a plus