Technical Product Manager
Who we are:
Our Company was founded on the idea that there are patterns in people's behavior that, with the right logic, can be used to predict future outcomes. We are a small but rapidly growing organization that works in partnership with our customers to create solutions that are simply not found anywhere else. We work in groups rather than in structured corporate hierarchies; our culture is creative and entrepreneurial where everyone contributes to company goals in very real way. We are a hardworking group, but we have a lot of fun with what we do and are looking for new people with a similar mindset to join the organization.
What we do:
Our proprietary software-as-a-service helps automotive dealerships and OEMs sales teams better understand and predict exactly which customers are ready to buy, the reasons why, and the key offers and incentives most likely to close the sale. Its micro-marketing engine then delivers the right message at the right time to those customers, ensuring higher conversion rates and a stronger ROI.
What you will do:
We are looking for a talented Product Owner to join our team in building the core components of our OEM-facing software. As a product owner, you will partner with product managers and product leads to define product strategy and requirements. You will work closely with the Solutions Architect to drive product architecture and technical designs, identify technical and business dependencies and move the product development process forward. You will be the product subject matter expert and interact with multiple teams across the organization.
- Collect product requirements from internal stakeholders
- Coordinate the creation of product mockups and prototypes for internal feature requests
- Write and present the features to Engineering teams:
- Articulate detailed acceptance criteria for backlog items & bugs
- Oversee and sign off on the functional spec
- Guide cross-functional teams of developers toward successful delivery of features
- Attend scrum meetings including daily stand ups, retrospectives, and sprint planning meetings
- Attend grooming sessions with the development team to help break down and estimate PBIs
- Contribute to sprint meetings by presenting priorities, answering questions from developers, and clarifying requirements
- Help the engineering team mitigate impediments impacting successful team completion of Release/Sprint Goals
- Communicate with stakeholders during the development of a product to keep them updated
- Coordinate testing of a product, including user acceptance testing and release process
- Collect, coordinate, and prioritize bug fixes
- Assist the Product Manager in the creation, maintenance, and prioritization of the product backlog
Who you are:
- Bachelors' degree in Business, Computer Science or a related
- 3+ years professional experience working in product management in a similar fast moving, technology-based organization
- 2 + years of experience building data platforms for analytical solutions such as marketing audience creation, data warehousing or machine learning products
- Experience working in a flat organizational structure and are at ease managing conflicting priorities
- Possess outstanding oral and written communication skills and have experience facilitating groups, both within and outside of the Scrum framework
- Hardworking and ready to take on a role where you can continue to grow professionally in a company that is expanding at a rapid pace
- Able to guide the team in a complex development and business environment and enjoy being part of a team that thrives on delivering exceptional work product
- Excel in analytical thinking, are highly effective in problem diagnostics and at ease working in a fast-moving, somewhat ambiguous environment
- Related industry experience strongly desirable
- Related technology background strongly desirable
Expected Hours of Work:
This is a full-time position. Generally, work is performed Monday through Friday, though holidays and weekends may be required. This role will require quarterly travel to our offices in Gdansk and/or San Francisco and frequent travel to spend time with customers.
We believe in equal employment opportunities:
The company provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, the company complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
The company expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of the company's employees to perform their job duties may result in disciplinary actions up to and including discharge. Travel
Occasional travel might be required.IHS Markit is committed to providing equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by the laws and regulations in any of our locations.
We are proud to provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please contact or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are considered on a case-by-case basis. This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only. We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process, and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit maintains a substance-free workplace; employees may be asked to submit to a drug test (where permitted by law). In addition, as a federal contractor in the United States, the company participates in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work.
For information please click on the following links:
IHS Markit Business Code of Conduct
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Pay Transparency Statement Current Colleagues
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.