The Bloomberg Financial Products Documentation team writes and produces Help resources that are vital building blocks of the Bloomberg client experience. Our Help Pages and product tours make a real impact on our flagship product and on the business of our clients. We don't just tell our clients how to use the vast integrated platform of functionality on the Terminal-we show them why the product helps them meet their goals when billions of dollars are at stake. What's the role?
Our writers create client-facing user documentation for the Bloomberg Terminal. Our work integrates the acumen for writing precise instructions with the creativity and financial knowledge necessary to write tangible, benefit-focused materials. You will interact with product managers and programmers at all levels of the company and drive the scope and direction of documentation deliverables. Sitting within UX Design, we have a keen focus on discoverability of our product and collaborating towards client-focused solutions. We'll trust you to:
You need to have:
- Research, write, and produce a high volume of client-facing documentation for a dynamic product.
- Build engaging benefit-focused material with excellent attention to detail and strong content organization.
- Generate creative ideas while working both independently and collaboratively as part of a team.
- Manage a high volume of projects and priorities independently, in close collaboration with multiple stakeholders.
We'd love to see:
- 3 or more years of technical writing experience or related discipline.
- Strong writing skills appropriate for an end-user client audience.
- Confirmed experience taking a creative approach to engaging, benefit-based content.
- The ability to analyze and transform custom financial tools and analytics into accurate, user-friendly documentation.
- Tested project management skills, including strength in managing and organizing multiple projects with variable timelines.
- A proven track record of success interacting with all levels of staff and management, including business specialists, development teams, and senior management.
- The ability to quickly learn and use new software applications.
If this sounds like you:
- Editing experience.
- Demonstrated initiative in innovating and implementing workflow, process, and technical solutions.
- Experience in a role which required a working understanding of financial markets.
- Aptitude for strong visual display of information and image production as part of effective content design.
- Experience with DITA, HTML, or online authoring tools.
Apply if you think we're a good match. We would like to see writing samples for this position, so please submit 2-3 samples of end-user documentation or training materials from a recent role or project.
We'll get in touch to let you know about next steps, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at this: http://www.bloomberg.com/professional
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.