Technical Writing and Communications Specialist
New York | Stamford
Point72 A Career with Point72's Technology Group:
Our Technology department employs 140+ people and delivers all technology solutions used within the firm. We are looking for extraordinarily bright, articulate and dedicated computer science or information systems professionals to join our team. If you want to join a world-class investment management organization that operates in a fast-paced, dynamic environment and rewards talent with recognition and increased responsibility, then this is the right opportunity. Our team seeks individuals that are highly proficient in their respective technology platform, articulate, solution driven, client focused and proactive in building their technology skills.
What you'll do
- Innovation & Excellence: A successful team member has excellent broad technical and problem-solving skills including the ability to innovate, drive change, and can quickly adapt to changing processes, priorities, languages, and ideas.
- Integrity: We uphold the highest standards of ethics and integrity. Our work is truthful, direct and unbiased. We protect sensitive and confidential information and exercise discretion in all aspects of our work.
- Courage: we are not afraid to fail. We accomplish difficult and high-stakes tasks in an environment with a high degree of uncertainty. We will sometimes be wrong, but we will always learn from our mistakes and improve.
- Curiosity: we always ask "why?" We don't accept the first answer or the easy answer; we strive for understanding. We do not report information; we provide insight and analysis by putting information into context. We solve puzzles even when we don't have all the pieces.
The ideal candidate will be someone with strong organizational and communication skills, passion for technology innovation and an excitement for content development. The candidate will work closely with the CTO and his leadership team, to create content for the Tech organization. You will be creating and editing content across a variety of types of communication to include; presentations, tech manuals, reference and technology marketing materials, blogs and other related documentation. The candidate should have strong business process, analytical, writing and communication skills which enable them to translate complex concepts into messages to be understood by a broad audience. Responsibilities include:
- Supporting the Office of the CTO in developing the materials to help reinforce the culture of innovation and drive the continued evolution of Point72's Technology group
- Documenting the strategic decisions and key outcomes of meetings with senior tech leadership
- Developing content for technology communications forums (i.e., a tech blog, internal communications to the tech team, all hands meetings) and reports
- Assisting with the organization, facilitation, and content development for division meetings, town halls, and other culture-building events
- Partner with the Firm's Communications function to ensure clear information dissemination for significant Technology initiatives
- Creating materials in a range of different formats including documenting technical concepts and instructions
Software Skills Required:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- 2+ years of work experience in the technology industry
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to understand highly technical information
- Advanced formatting and proofreading skills, with an emphasis on extreme attention to detail
- Strong oral and written communication skills (a writing sample will be required)
- Explain technical ideas in simple language
- Manage multiple documents simultaneously
- Flexibility to adapt to fluid project priorities and deadlines
- Can manage multiple tasks and deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Have a commitment to acting with professionalism and integrity at all times
- Ability to work in a collaborative team environment w/limited supervision and direction
We take care of our people
- Microsoft Office Suite, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Adobe Publisher
We invest in our people, their careers, their health, and their well-being. We want you to concentrate on success and leave the rest to us. When you work here, we provide:
- Fully-paid health care benefits
- Generous parental and family leave policies
- Mental and physical wellness programs
- Tuition assistance
- A 401(k) savings program with an employer match and more
Point72 Asset Management is a global firm led by Steven Cohen that invests in multiple asset classes and strategies worldwide. Resting on more than a quarter-century of investing experience, we seek to be the industry's premier asset manager through delivering superior risk-adjusted returns, adhering to the highest ethical standards, and offering the greatest opportunities to the industry's brightest talent. We're inventing the future of finance by revolutionizing how we develop our people and how we use data to shape our thinking. For more information, visit www.Point72.com/working-here .
Point72 is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Point72 is committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants for employment. Point72 complies with applicable, local, state and federal laws on the subject of equal employment opportunity.