Trade Transaction Regulatory Reporting Associate
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 747 offices in 42 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
One of the largest divisions in the Firm, Operations is the first line of defense for Morgan Stanley's financial and reputational well-being and essential in delivering value. Operations is responsible for correctly settling and recording millions of transactions per day, identifying and mitigating operational risk, developing strong client relationships and partnering with technology to realize the full potential of IT and Automation. Operations has a premier team of creative and dedicated professionals, with a unique vantage point interacting with all parts of the business. The Operations Senior Management team is passionate about our people development and providing top-notch employee opportunities through an inclusive, forward-looking environment defined by open communication, collaboration, learning and dedicated career management.
Institutional Securities Group Product Operations (ISGPO) partners closely with Sales & Trading and our Clients to process daily activities, develop and implement new products and services, as well as drive efficiency and reduce risk in our processes. ISGPO is comprised of 5 departments: Client Operations, Trading Operations, Financing & Collateral Operations, Trade & Transaction Reporting Operations (TTRO) and Change the Bank (CTB).
The ISGPO Change the Bank team is a project management and business analysis team responsible for driving and delivering change for ISG Product Operations. The team is responsible for providing process re-engineering leadership to drive improved quality and enhanced efficiency. The team partners with Operations line leadership and Technology to shape product, service and functional strategies and deliver related application solutions. The team also supports key business enablement initiatives as well as client and industry driven product development.
Role Description & Responsibilities
- Perform business analysis activities to define solutions in detail utilizing a mix of project skills and technical domain knowledge; partner with RTB, Tech and Data, vendors and other stakeholders on solution implementation; and provide project management to drive the realization of business benefits.
- Manage Silo and Cross-Silo projects and report progress, risks and issues; ensure benefits are tracked and realized; and manage and maintain vendor relationships in order to deliver on projects.
- Will design and deliver Operating Model concepts; form and maintain effective relationships with Business Unit and Technology counterparts and stakeholders; and understand the detail of Industry and Regulatory change driving projects.
- You will carry out Business Process Modelling & Analysis through utilizing Analytical & Problem Solving Skills and to define and articulate Business Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree required
- Deliver on Business Process Transformation initiatives and Software Delivery projects; to identify project risks and barriers; to support Business Migration through process change or software delivery; and to track and realize business benefits.
- The ability to handle multiple work streams and prioritize effectively.
- Actively look for new opportunities for self development and career progression.
- Show dedication to learn from experience and mistakes; actively seek out feedback and adjust behavior accordingly.
- You are aware of the long term impact of regulatory environment and market changes on the business. You make plans where appropriate to adapt control processes and procedures.
- The ability to identify the right levels of control and measures required, building a strong yet flexible workflow.
- Actively ensure existence of mitigating controls and take personal responsibility for enhancing processes.
- Combine clear and appropriate escalation with suggestions on appropriate risk reduction strategies.
- You consistently exceed expectations and respond actively and positively to changing circumstances.