Trade Transaction Regulatory Reporting Operations Associate
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
Trade & Transaction Reporting Operations (TTRO) delivers the appropriate diligence and governance over the Firm?s global transaction reporting obligations. TTRO is charged with ensuring the completeness, accuracy and timeliness of the Firm?s trade and transaction reporting and is comprised of teams in London, New York, Hong Kong, Glasgow and Mumbai, supported by a selection of vendors and third party service providers.
As the Centre of Excellence for Transaction Reporting, TTRO are engaged in the development of platforms and processes supporting upcoming regulatory change in a high focus, rapidly evolving environment. Supporting a broad stakeholder base, TTRO liaise with various internal and external counterparties daily, including other Operations teams, Sales and Trading, Non-Market Risk leads, Legal and Compliance teams, Information Technology, trade organisations such as ISDA, AFME and FIA, and Industry utilities such as FINRA, DTCC and Unavista. The criticality of the function ensures senior management engagement and secures a high profile for those in the team.
- The candidate will work with key stakeholders and subject matter experts across all disciplines within Operations and the firm to understand their priorities and align the outcome of the program with the organization's overall business goals
- Demonstrates a detailed knowledge of the processes, projects, systems, markets and instruments that influence their team.
- Analyzes and exposes ambiguous or complex issues, identifies root causes and proposes future actions.
- Ensures Compliance Courses and Policies are completed on a timely basis.
- May be required to build and manage relationships on a day to day level with Business Unit partners, other Morgan Stanley infrastructure departments, and external contact points in Client organizations.
- Produce functional change specifications, in line with best practice, to meet project delivery
- Prepare user acceptance test cases, coordinate user testing, and review test evidence with all the impacted stakeholders
- Develop product, functional and system expertise for the given programs
- Interface with SME's and ensure the regulations, legal & compliance interpretation, and business requirements are clearly documented, and understood Qualifications:
- Fair understanding of Asset classes - Listed Equities, Listed Options.
- Knowledge of the Front-to-back trade life-cycle.
- Exposure to Regulatory Reporting and related rules and specifications, preferably CAT (Consolidated Audit Trail)
- You are able to handle multiple work streams and prioritize effectively.
- Proven track record of large scale change management within a regulatory reporting environment
- Actively look for new opportunities for self-development and career progression.
- You show dedication to learn from experience and mistakes; actively seek out feedback and adjust behavior accordingly.
- Awareness of the long term impact of regulatory environment and market changes on the business. You make plans where appropriate to adapt control processes and procedures.
- The ability to identify the right levels of control and measures required, building a strong yet flexible workflow.
- You actively ensure existence of mitigating controls and take personal responsibility for enhancing processes.
- Combine clear and appropriate escalation with suggestions on appropriate risk reduction strategies.
- Consistently exceed expectations and respond actively and positively to changing circumstances
- Understanding of the project management methodologies across the delivery life-cycle
- Ability to develop strong relationships and personal credibility with stakeholders and understand how their needs and requirements can be incorporated into the delivery of the solution