This client is a premier asset management firm, focused on delivering unique insight and partnership for the most sophisticated global institutional investors. Our investment process is driven by a tireless pursuit to understand how the world's markets and economies work - using cutting edge technology to validate and execute on timeless and universal investment principles.
About Your Role
As a Trading Associate, you will execute trades, generate and evaluate ideas for how to make better trading decisions, and collaborate with strategists and technologists to constantly improve our processes, focusing on improving the implementation of our logic or increasing efficiency.
- Through extensive on-desk formal training and informal on-the-job instruction, TAs become well-versed in trade execution strategies, the logic used to implement our strategies, and the production systems used to facilitate our logic.
- Once trained, our TAs carry out the core responsibilities of our department, including: implementing our desired exposures, developing a distinct view of the outside world through close interaction with the markets, and the evolution of our execution strategy.
- Traders here do not have discretion in their trading and do not "manage a book" - instead traders execute using a systematic set of rules and strive to improve those rules by developing a world-class understanding of markets.
- This team is based in CT, and trades globally 24 hours a day, 6 days a week. Trading shifts may vary, but typical shifts include coverage in hours during Asian, European, or New York markets.
- A deep sense of intellectual curiosity will be needed to fuel your ability to stay on top of the ever-changing market structure and dynamics and drive the evolution of our systematic process.
You will drive the following responsibilities:
- Executing the client's desired exposures according to our systematic, proprietary processes
- Contributing to the client's understanding of market microstructure, transaction costs, market participants, and products in the markets
- Working with technologists and researchers to construct new investment implementation systems or overhaul old ones
- Driving initiatives to improve the quality, reliability, and efficiency of the systems you own
- Developing and maintaining strong relationships with our liquidity providers
You will be a click for the role if you:
- Are analytical, highly logical, and structured in your thinking
- Thrive in a face-paced environment
- Are comfortable working off-hours to implement our trades in Asia and European markets and are excited about having a unique position at the nucleus of cllient's trading activity through close interaction with the markets.
- Are deeply interested in understanding financial markets and game theory
- Have a holistic understanding of trading execution strategies
- Can think critically about outcomes and transform perceptions into strategic changes
- Have a knack for automation and naturally seek ways to improve processes
- Hold a high degree of personal responsibility and ownership in everything you do
- Are a mission-oriented team player, and are also willing to stand-alone and escalate to fight for truth; Chooses truth when faced with difficult choices.