Trading Software Engineer
Trading Software Engineer - Hedge Fund (New York, NY)
The Electronic Trading Technology Team is responsible for developing critical trading system components that power our algorithmic trading to trade billions of dollars of assets a day. We focus on building technologies that are highly performant and scalable, fault tolerant, and extensible. Summary
The successful candidate will be a self-starter who has demonstrated the ability to function independently in a fast-paced, dynamic, and demanding trading environment. This person will be intellectually curious, intuitive, rigorous, trustworthy, and have the highest ethical standards. In addition, she/he will be effective addressing a number of internal and external audiences in a professional manner. Key Responsibilities
- Responsible for the design, development and deployment of new and existing components and frameworks.
- Responsible for proposing new designs and modifying existing ones to continuously improve performance, functionality, and stability of the system.
- Facilitate communication and collaboration with business users and peer technology teams.
- Solid computer science fundamentals
- Expert C++ development skills
- Experience building enterprise systems and low-latency applications
- Practical knowledge of some message-oriented middleware (e.g., Solace, LBM, Tib/RV, etc.)
- Strong network and multithreaded programming skills
- Prior experience developing position management systems and corresponding risk and compliance checks is a plus