This Treasury Dealer Risk Manager role would be the number one standalone Liquidity and Asset Liability Management Risk hire for the NY branch, working closely with the Head of Risk in NY, but reporting directly into the Head of ALM at head office. The firm has a small but growing presence in NY so this role has high visibility within the firm with key people like the head of finance and branch manager locally, and senior members in head office.
1. To manage the liquidity and market risk – seek to maximize the returns on that risk capital while keeping within US regulatory limits.
2. Business Development in Treasury by procuring clientele, generate leads, understand requirements and offer solutions/structured products, help in delivery of treasury capabilities to clients directly and assist in conducting seminars together with RMs.
3. Advise and provide market information to senior executives, clients, share market trends and other value added services.
4. Ensure easy access to intensive research on treasury – related topics & market information and sharing of knowledge and ideas between US and International locations.
5. Manage the following
a. Foreign exchange
b. Cross currency: Trading in major currencies (CAD/USD/EUR/GBP) for corporate and retail customers, including spot, forward options, for the Bank’s customers and US currency activity of the Bank.
c. Derivatives: Extend capability to provide cross-currency derivative products to customers.
d. Interest Rates: Servicing interest rate hedging needs of mid-market and corporate clients.
e. Debt markets
f. Resource raising and deployment for asset-liability management
g. Investments in approved securities.
6. Prepare performance forecasts and analysis of past performance, both on balance sheet and off-balance-sheet investments and financial investments.
7. Ensure understanding and adherence to the Treasury Dealer Code of Conduct.
8. Ensure all internal audit and regulatory processes are adhered to within timeframes.
9. Understanding of the statutory and regulatory requirements in the US and Head Office on Bank Balance Sheet Management and ALM with emphasis on the Foreign Exchange, Interest Rate and Liquidity Risk Management.
10. Ensure that Treasury processes are properly documented and are updated on a regular basis per regulatory or internal requirements
This Treasury Dealer Risk Manager role is located midtown Manhattan so please only apply if you are able to travel to this location, have relevant experience for the role and are eligible to work in the United States. The salary is flexible dependent on experience, but the initial range is $90,000 - $120,000 base plus discretionary 25-30% target bonus. If your profile matches the above criteria, please contact me on **firstname.lastname@example.org**