- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- S&P Global
- 14 Dec 18
User Interface Engineer
The Data science team is a newly formed applied research & software engineering team within S&P Global Ratings that will be responsible for building and executing a bold vision around using Machine Learning, Natural Language Processing, Data Science, knowledge engineering, and human computer interfaces for augmenting various business processes.
This role will have a significant impact on the success of our data science projects, delivering the highest quality user interface software and data engineered solutions, ultimately enabling and augmenting our business processes and products with AI and Data Science capabilities.
What's in it for you
This is a high visibility team with an opportunity to make a very meaningful impact on the future direction of the company. You will work with senior members of the team to help define, design and build the systems. You will work closely with other senior technical staff across the company to create state of the art user interfaces/experiences and engineering solutions that will integrate with Augmented Intelligence, Data Science and Machine Learning based back-end services.
As a User Interface Engineer you will be responsible for building user interfaces and their integrations with server-side components, databases and cloud based back-end services. You will need to work closely with UI/UX designers and/or rapidly prototype various UI components and test their efficacy using appropriate testing and validation processes.
- BS in Computer Science or Engineering with 2-5 years of relevant industry experience.
- Experience with user interface design and responsive web design
- Experience programming in a high-level language (e.g. Java, Python, Scala)
- Understanding of RESTful APIs, and integration experience with databases (SQL and NoSQL, Oracle, MySQL, Cassandra, MongoDB)
- Experience with web application servers such as Apache, Tomcat, WebLogic and associated frameworks such as Spring, Spring MVC and ORM
- Experience writing unit and functional tests and using testing frameworks
- Experience working with cloud based managed services such as Amazon EMR, RDS, S3, etc
- Comfortable with Linux, dependency management, build, CI/CD and DevOps tools
- Integration experience with information retrieval and search engines, e.g. Solr/Lucene, Elastic Search
- Knowledge of machine learning, natural language processing and data mining techniques
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person.
The EEO is the Law.
Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.