US Banks Operational Risk Coverage - IT/Cyber
- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Morgan Stanley USA
- 20 Oct 18
US Banks Operational Risk Coverage - IT/Cyber
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
The talent and passion of our people is critical to our continued success as a firm. Together, we share four core values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic:
1. Putting Clients First
2. Doing the Right Thing
3. Leading with Exceptional Ideas
4. Giving Back
Morgan Stanley is committed to helping its employees build meaningful careers and we strive to be a place for people to learn, achieve and grow.
Firm Risk Management
Firm Risk Management (FRM) enables Morgan Stanley to achieve its business goals by partnering with business units across the Firm to realize efficient risk-adjusted returns, acting as a strategic advisor to the Board and protecting the Firm from exposure to losses as a result of credit, market, liquidity, operational, model and other risks.
Our mission is to serve as the follow roles:
· Independent agent to set consistent principles and disciplines for risk management
· Strategic advisor to Firm management for setting risk appetite and allocating capital
· Industry leader to influence and meet regulatory standards
You will collaborate with colleagues across FRM and the Firm to protect the Firm's capital base and franchise, advise businesses and clients on risk mitigating strategies, develop tools and methodologies to analyze and monitor risk, contribute to key regulatory initiatives and report on risk exposures and metrics to enable informed and strategic decision-making. Through thoughtful analysis and clear communication we are best able to bring our ideas to the table and improve the Firm.
Firm Risk Management values diversity and is committed to providing a supportive and inclusive workplace for all employees.
Firm Risk Management's unique franchise promotes:
ü Flat, flexible and integrated global organization
ü Collaboration and teamwork
ü Credible, independent decision-making
ü Organizational influence
ü Creative and practical solutions
ü Meritocratic and diverse culture
Background on the Position
The individual will join Morgan Stanley's Operational Risk Department (ORD) US Banks coverage team. This role acts as an independent, second line of defense function responsible for providing operational risk oversight for IT / Cyber and Vendor Supplier across both Morgan Stanley Private Bank, NA (MSPBNA) and Morgan Stanley Bank, NA (MSBNA).
The Candidate will report to the Executive Director of Operational Risk IT and Cyber for The US Banks and also become part of the Firm's Operational Risk Division team. The candidate will interface with bank senior management, the Bank's Operational Risk first line of defense team, support teams from various product line teams, cross-entity risk teams, cross-divisional teams, Information Technology, Legal and Compliance, and others. The role will involve building relationships and close coordination with line managers and risk experts in business lines and the bank.
· Previous experience supporting an Operational Risk framework with an IT and Cyber focus that includes the four data elements, application of risk data to risk measurement, policy and procedures, reporting, and quality assurance.
· Effective interpersonal skills, freely develops networks, builds consensus, prioritizes effectively, and develops alliances across an organization.
· Management experience in developing teams and building processes to ensure organizational effectiveness, efficiency and transparency to serve the needs of multiple stakeholders with varying objectives.
· Strong risk analysis and ability to identify root causes for risk events.
· Experience with regulatory interactions, presentation, and material preparation.
· Ability to work in a fast paced environment, both independently and as part of a team.
· Highly motivated self-starter with multi-tasking abilities, and the ability to meet tight deadlines with conflicting agendas.
· Strong sense of ownership and accountability for commercial output, the control environment, and people development.
· Effective summary level written and verbal communication experience
· Industry Certifications (CISM/CISA/CRISC) a plus