US Strategy Summer Analyst, Deloitte LLP, Summer 2020 (New York City, NY)
The US Strategy Business Analyst Summer Intern will work as a team member in executing corporate strategy projects focused on growth, risk, and operations across the Deloitte US firm. Projects could include any of Deloitte's four specific functional businesses; Audit, Tax, Consulting or Advisory, or may also be focused on new services and businesses, channels (e.g., clients, industry sectors, geographies) or services that cross functional business lines.
The Business Analyst Summer Intern will have opportunities to interact with senior leaders in the organization and also assist in the execution of various special projects which have the potential to significantly impact our organization Work you'll do
• Contribute to and building analytical frameworks and conduct complex business analysis
• Perform quantitative and qualitative analysis including external market sizing, internal and external financial analyses, competitive analyses, etc.
• Conduct internal and external research, issues analysis
• Research solutions, frameworks and methodologies to address specific project needs
• Develop components of executive level presentations and reports that support completed analysis Qualifications
• Strong technical skills (e.g., Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint)
• Strong analytical, research, and presentation skills
• Strong qualitative & quantitative analysis skills
• Knowledge of growth & expansion strategies and scenario/trend analysis
• Ability to synthesize large sets of data and integrate into meaningful reports and recommendations
• Critical thinking skills with ability to execute on the details
• Strong interpersonal and team building skills
• Diplomacy, poise, maturity and empathy are all key attributes for success.
• Relevant undergraduate degree with 0-2 years post-undergraduate experience
• Strong academic track record (minimum 3.5 GPA) How you'll grow
Throughout the internship program, we want to give you a true taste of life at Deloitte. That means a lot of support - both formal and informal - right from the start. Guided by coaches and mentors who can help you to learn more about Deloitte and your opportunities, you'll gain real-world experience working on meaningful projects. Beyond this exposure to "real life" projects, the program also delivers a variety of national and local learning and networking events. Our regularly scheduled learning and networking opportunities are designed to help you develop technical and leadership skills and help you begin building your professional network. Learn more about the internship program. Deloitte's culture
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Learn more about Life at Deloitte. Corporate citizenship
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte's impact on the world. Recruiter tips
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you're applying to. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.
As used in this posting, "Deloitte" means Deloitte Services LP, a subsidiary of Deloitte LLP. Please see www.deloitte.com/us/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
Requisition code: S20NYCSF21JUNMS-BA