UX Design Lead - Aladdin Product Group
- Not Specified
- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- 14 Feb 18 2018-02-14
BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to our clients, we provide the investment and technology solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of December 31, 2017, the firm managed approximately $6.288 trillion in assets on behalf of
BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to our clients, we provide the investment and technology solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of December 31, 2017, the firm managed approximately $6.288 trillion in assets on behalf of investors worldwide. For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com | Twitter: @blackrock | Blog: www.blackrockblog.com | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock.
The Aladdin User Experience team is responsible for working with the Aladdin Product Group to ensure we develop applications and capabilities with a user-centered design focus. The Aladdin UX team is made up of UX designers, visual designers, user researchers and UX engineers who work together to design new applications, provide design consistency across the Aladdin platform, meet with end users to validate designs and build prototypes of new user interfaces.
BlackRock’s User Experience team is looking for a professional with experience leading User Centered Design delivery for large-scale enterprise web applications to help us build next generation user interfaces for our Aladdin platform. This individual will work closely with our internal and external clients to translate business requirements for rich interactive application projects into intuitive UI designs.
- Lead the design of user interfaces and information architecture using participatory and iterative design techniques, including observational studies, customer interviews, usability testing, and other forms of requirements discovery.
- Work closely with business partners to develop scenarios, personas, storyboards and user journeys
- Architect the information flow to create detailed wireframes and screen designs
- Build interactive prototypes using HTML to demonstrate that represent both the visual identity and interaction model required to test and evolve products for user and internal testing
- Perform heuristic site evaluations and competitive site analysis
- Create and revise information architecture documents including but not limited to; site maps, user profiles, user scenarios, use cases, wireframes, content matrices, flow diagrams/process maps, and detailed user interface specifications
- Facilitate usability testing with internal and external users
- Collaborate with key project team members, including visual designers, product managers and technology leads to deliver end-to-end solutions
- 7+ years interaction experience in either product related or agency environments designing consumer facing applications, websites and mobile experiences
- Expert in developing wireframes, site maps, user journeys
- Expert in documenting work including annotations, prototypes, functional specifications
- Skilled in prototyping with one or more tools such as Framer, Proto.io, Flinto, or Invision
- Strong understanding of content
- Experience using lean/agile product development models
- Ability to interface with development teams to ensure design delivery meets high quality standards
- Effectively act on internal feedback, user testing results and learning to iterate designs that deliver more value for the user and business
- Previous experience with workshops - facilitation and/or planning
- Strong presentation skills in explaining interactions, scenarios and story boards
- Experience facilitating or assisting user research and user testing – and subsequently identifying user needs, actions, behaviors and emotions through research
- Portfolio required
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, disability, veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.