UX Lead for Institutional Trading
- 200,000 plus bonus
- New York, NY, USA New York NY US
- Permanent, Full time
- Focus Capital Markets
- 08 Aug 18 2018-08-08
We are actively seeking an energetic and innovative Senior Interaction Designer (UX Architect) embarking on a transformation into the high-tech future of institutional trading by incorporating emerging technologies into the products we create. We leverage such technologies to develop and refine the tools considered most essential to the users that keep this business at the top of the industry: traders, analysts, portfolio managers closely involved in the origination, analytics, and execution of trades. These users have complex, fast-paced, informationally overloaded jobs, within an already complex industry. And so the tools we design must add value while adding minimal complexity.
The successful candidate will join this unique and specialized team that provides product strategy and delivery capabilities for client-facing applications. Our Product Design team sits within a Product Management organization and partners with the product owners to ensure that our hand-crafted, innovative ideas are deployed.
The ideal candidate is, above all, a maker and enjoys balancing craft with an academic interest in theory and science of Interaction Design, HCI, and user-centered design methodologies. In addition, candidates should have the following skills and interests:
- Enjoys designing highly functional user interfaces
- Has a deep understanding of interactivity and its impact on human behavior
- Excels at conceptualizing, modeling, and designing complex, yet innovative, experiences
- Has a cache of methods for uncovering important contextual details that help ensure we’re solving for the right problems
- Can defend their designs with rationale rooted in user needs and business goals
- Enjoys the multi-disciplinary and collaborative nature of product development
- Is detail-oriented and appreciates the value of visual aesthetics across everything we do
- Can confidently translate business problems and requirements into compelling UI’s.
- Define and drive the overall process of Interaction Design/Information Architecture for complex highly functional business applications
- Both formally or informally uncover user needs and contexts via primary and secondary research techniques and leverage your learnings to come up with the big idea
- Create, present, and document proposed solutions from the big ideas to the smallest components which might include interaction models and flows, screen and component states, data and information hierarchies
- Minimum 6 years of experience working as a user experience professional
- Demonstrable experience designing rich interactions for desktop, web, hand-held form factors
- Experience designing applications within complex business domains similar to financial services
- Foundation education in graphic, industrial, interaction design or related degree
- Track record of successful deliveries and a strong portfolio that highlights their ideas and end-product.