User Experience Designer Lead
- Not Specified
- New York, NY, USA New York NY US
- Permanent, Full time
- 19 Jun 18 2018-06-19
BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to our clients, we provide the investment and technology solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of March 31, 2018, the firm managed approximately $6.317 trillion in assets on behalf of
BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to our clients, we provide the investment and technology solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of March 31, 2018, the firm managed approximately $6.317 trillion in assets on behalf of investors worldwide. For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com | Twitter: @blackrock | Blog: www.blackrockblog.com | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock.
The Global Digital Team is part of the fast-growing global marketing function at BlackRock which seeks to scale our products, embody our brand and better engage a multi-trillion dollar audience of investors, advisors and institutions. The Digital team is at the center of a company-wide focus on expanding how design, technology and data can serve our users better. We are building the firm’s digital vision, developing product/UX strategies and collaborating across the business to launch simple, design-forward and user-centric experiences across our web, mobile, native app and digital assets.
We are looking for a Lead User Experience Designer. This role is responsible for championing and practicing user-centered design principles and methodologies while leading the UX design and information architecture of BlackRock’s global digital experiences. Within BlackRock, this is a Vice President-level position within the Marketing capability.
More specifically, you will:
- Transform ideas, business opportunities, research and creative vision into tangible experiences that provide clear, usable, useful and desirable outcomes for users
- Champion user-centered design principles, and rely on these principles to create experiences that meet user needs (while simultaneously addressing business goals)
- Lead the design of user interfaces and information architecture using participatory and iterative design techniques, including observational studies, customer interviews, usability testing, and other forms of requirements discovery.
- Perform heuristic site evaluations and competitive site analysis
- Work closely with business partners to develop scenarios, personas, storyboards and user journeys
- Architect the information flow to create detailed wireframes and screen designs
- Build interactive prototypes using HTML to demonstrate that represent both the visual identity and interaction model required to test and evolve products for user and internal testing
- Create and revise information architecture documents including but not limited to; site maps, user profiles, user scenarios, use cases, wireframes, content matrices, flow diagrams/process maps, and detailed user interface specifications
- Facilitate usability testing with internal and external users
- Collaborate with key project team members, including visual designers, product managers and technology leads to deliver end-to-end solutions
- Manage, mentor, and guide the work of the team’s mid-level UX designers.
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.