- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- 18 Feb 18
Location: New York, NY, USARole Overview:
We're seeking a talented and motivated DevOps Evangelist who is a change agent and thrives in a fast-paced environment. This role is critical and will lead the implementation and culture change required to implement DevOps across the full Moody's Development Portfolio. The successful candidate must be comfortable interfacing with engineering, developers, outsourcing partners, SCM professionals and have deep technical expertise. The successful candidate will:
- have a track record of building distributed applications end-to-end.
- be passionate about containers, data management, and building stateful applications in modern clusters.
- have a history of leadership and service in developer and DevOps communities
- have great technical writing skills demonstrated via documentation, blog posts and other written work.
- thrives working with matrixed teams
- have a history of creating attractive and entertaining artifacts communicating DevOps concepts
- apply knowledge of the latest trends in the DevOps industry.
- attend and speak at conferences, develop and showcase example DevOps practices, and perform general evangelizing activities.
- engage with client facing teams to consult and drive the implementation DevOps practices.
- communicate effectively with stakeholders to identify needs and propose alternative business solutions in an understandable language
- ensure that the DevOps engineering function materially accelerates the productivity of the development, QA, and operations teams through automation and repeatable processes.
With 300 employees primarily located in New York, London, and San Francisco along with over 1,100 onshore/nearshore/offshore outsource IT partners worldwide, Moody's Information Technology ("MIT") is the largest department of Moody's Shared Services. We provide end-to-end technology solutions for Moody's Investors Service and infrastructure for Moody's Analytics. The development and ongoing support of our Bond rating business along with content and enterprise risk solutions ensure the company's premier standing among financial services firms. MIT continuously seeks talented individuals to drive the execution of its technology roadmap, which offers exc iting career opportunities in program management, business analysis, enterprise architecture, software development, quality assurance, IT risk management, vendor management, technology operations and service management.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent required
- 10+ years in data-intensive organizations with experience designing, implementing and supporting enterprise level applications
- Demonstrated experience with leading successful large DevOps Initiatives
- 5+ years of experience with Linux and UNIX administration
- 5+ years of experience with scripting languages, including PHP, Python, Java, Node, or Ruby
- 2+ years of experience working with high availability production systems with both on-premises and cloud environments
- 2+ years of experience with automation and configuration management using either Puppet, Chef, or an equivalent
- 2+ years of experience with continuous integration tools, including Jenkins or Travis CI
- Experience with LXC and containerization, including Docker
- Experience with continuous monitoring tools, including Sensu, Nagios, and Splunk
- Experience with service discovery platforms, including DNS, Zookeeper, or Consul
- Experience with Cloud Service Providers (CSP), including AWS, GCP, and Azure
- Experience with working in and maintaining PaaS environments, including Kubernetes, or Mesosphere
- Deep Knowledge of software development lifecycle (SDLC) including Agile Development Methodology
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and, consultative skills, work effectively with clients, vendors, peers, and business/IT management.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to stay current on trends and development within the functional area of experience along with the industry.
- Ability to work under pressure to meet tight deadlines.
- Willingness to learn, a can-do attitude, and motivated to succeed and grow.
- Must demonstrate accountability, sound decision making, analytical thoroughness, clear and concise communications, and the ability to lead and mentor team members.
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $3.6 billion in 2016, employs approximately 10,700 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 36 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender, age, religion, national origin, citizen status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Moody's also provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws. If you need to inquire about a reasonable accommodation, or need assistance with completing the application process, please email email@example.com.. This contact information is for accommodation requests only, and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For San Francisco positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. For New York City positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the New York City Fair Chance Act. For all other applicants, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of applicable law.
Click here to view our full EEO policy statement. Click here for more information on your EEO rights under the law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.