- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
VP-Financial Writer, Document Process Group
Location: New York, NY, USARole/Responsibilities:
As a VP-Financial Writer, your key function will be to provide support for developing standards of language for rating methodologies as well as templates for the evolving format of rating methodologies. Emphasis will be on structured finance methodologies initially and then be broadened to include fundamental methodologies.
• Building a good working knowledge of the components of rating methodologies across rating teams with an eye towards identifying similarities.
• Developing standards of language and presentation to be used in various rating methodology sections to improve consistency and ease of update.
• Supporting the development and implementation of methodology templates as the format for rating methodologies evolves and moves towards compartmentalization.
• Developing a good understanding of policies and procedures related to the development and approval of rating methodologies.
• Building and maintaining relationships with key contacts from various groups including the Methodology Framework Group - Structured Finance, Methodology Framework Group - Fundamental, various Rating Teams, Legal and Compliance.
• Developing a working understanding of how DPG's operational processes work to serve as a high-level back-up.
Document Process Group within the Methodology Development Group
• Bachelor's or equivalent degree required. Master's degree preferred. Minimum 3 to 5 years' experience in writing with exposure to credit analysis and financial markets. Strong line editing skills. Knowledge of structured finance a must. Knowledge of fundamental credit analysis a plus. Some experience with the development of rating methodologies also a plus.
• Strong verbal, written communication and interpersonal skills.
• Keen attention to detail; highly organized and efficient.
• Ability to adapt in a changing environment; ability to multi-task and effectively prioritize, to work collaboratively within a team and to consistently meet deadlines.
• Solid working knowledge of Microsoft Office Products, particularly Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $4.2 billion in 2017, employs approximately 11,900 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 41 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender, age, religion, national origin, citizen status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Moody's also provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws. If you need to inquire about a reasonable accommodation, or need assistance with completing the application process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.. This contact information is for accommodation requests only, and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For San Francisco positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. For New York City positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the New York City Fair Chance Act. For all other applicants, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of applicable law.
Click here to view our full EEO policy statement. Click here for more information on your EEO rights under the law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.