- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- 23 Feb 18
VP – IT Reporting & Metrics
Location: New York, NY, USAThis is a highly visible leadership position within the CIO (Chief Information Officer) Office team in Moody's Information Technology (MIT) division. The deliverables are included in communications to senior and executive management across the company.
The role will work with stakeholders across MIT to provide visibility into MIT's performance for ongoing operations and organizational goals. Primary data utilized is from the Service Management lifecycle (e.g. incidents, requests etc), but also includes performance reporting supporting the software delivery lifecycle as well as organizational KPIs that are shared both internally within MIT as well to our business partners.
The candidate should have a strong analytical mindset and capability, be able to communicate effectively with internal stakeholders, be able to manage a team of both onshore and offshore resources, and be adaptable to changing demands and priorities while delivering reporting on time and of the highest quality.
- Managing the quality and timely delivery/availability of reports/dashboards to internal stakeholders at Moody's
- Analyze and interpret data to identify improvement opportunities, partnering with stakeholders to implement recommended actions for improving results
- Improving processes for creating or enhancing reports/dashboards e.g. automating reports to require limited human intervention for speed and quality purposes
- Manage roadmap and prioritization of enhancements, maintenance and automation of new and existing reports.
- Implement new Key Performance Indicators and operational measures to support organization
- Facilitate discussions on MIT results at management, staff and operational meetings
- Oversee proposed technical solutions by the support vendor for new dashboards and requirements
- Work with stakeholders to gather requirements and understand impact from ad hoc requests
With 300 employees primarily located in New York, London, and San Francisco along with over 1,100 onshore/nearshore/offshore outsource IT partners worldwide, Moody's Information Technology ("MIT") is the largest department of Moody's Shared Services. We provide end-to-end technology solutions for Moody's Investors Service and infrastructure for Moody's Analytics. The development and ongoing support of our Bond rating business along with content and enterprise risk solutions ensure the company's premier standing among financial services firms. MIT continuously seeks talented individuals to drive the execution of its technology roadmap, which offers exc iting career opportunities in program management, business analysis, enterprise architecture, software development, quality assurance, IT risk management, vendor management, technology operations and service management.
- Bachelor's degree (Masters preferred) in a technical or business discipline
- Mastery of Excel functions (e.g. text manipulation, logical evaluations, data lookups)
- Experience leveraging Business Intelligence tools such as Tableau and QlikView preferred
- Understanding of relational databases and Structured Query Language (SQL)
- Strong stakeholder management skills and customer service orientation
- Project management experience utilizing Agile (Scrum or Kanban) preferred
- Experience managing third party resources, both on and offshore
- Minimum 12 years of experience in IT industry in relevant area with at least 5 years in a leadership role
- Ability to build relationships and influence broadly to increase utilization of information and actions to improve results
- Knowledgeable of industry standards, best practices and process methodologies (e.g. Agile, PMBOK, Lean Six Sigma, ITIL)
- Exhibits and inspires high energy, enthusiasm, curiosity and commitment to the goals of the organization
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $3.6 billion in 2016, employs approximately 10,700 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 36 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender, age, religion, national origin, citizen status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Moody's also provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws. If you need to inquire about a reasonable accommodation, or need assistance with completing the application process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.. This contact information is for accommodation requests only, and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For San Francisco positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. For New York City positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the New York City Fair Chance Act. For all other applicants, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of applicable law.
Click here to view our full EEO policy statement. Click here for more information on your EEO rights under the law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.