VP, Balance Sheet Mgmt Ld Analyst
The position is within the Treasury LFO team, which is one of the finance units of Citi Treasury. The Treasury LFO team prepares financial plans and forecasts for Treasury's balance sheet and revenues, working in close partnership with other Treasury groups responsible for managing securities portfolios, long-term debt issuances, legal entity funding, and transfer pricing. The team provides analysis of Treasury's actual financial results and interest rate sensitivity. In addition, the group interacts extensively with the broader Finance organization, as well as technology and infrastructure partners.
The Treasury LFO team will have the ownership of the Funds Transfer Pricing (FTP) Independent verification process, which is executed by the Markets Treasury desks and is used to manage and transfer-price Citi's balance sheet. This team will establish and implement a monthly process to independently verify the accuracy of applied single yield curve (SYC) rates, as well as hedging and transfer-pricing vectors based on General Optimization Technique (GOT).
LFO team will execute a plan that will ensure accuracy of the FTP process. Further automation efforts are scheduled for 2021 - 2022 and the process of verification will evolve over time.
The role's activities include:
- Define and establish the independent review process as a new ongoing control in Asia with a view to expand into other regions
- Oversight of governance process for FTP independent verification and Corrective Action Plan management.
- Identify key stakeholders in Product Control Group and Markets Treasury to ensure all relevant parties are involved.
- Execute a 4-phase plan that will review the SYC and GOT vectors in Asia to verify accuracy and completeness of FTP methodologies.
- Track and maintain progress to ensure Corrective Action Plan requested by Internal Audit is closed by Q1 2020.
- Define Roles and Responsibilities in the FTP process across functions (Markets, Product Control and Citi Treasury) and coordinate the key stakeholders.
- Document FTP methodology for each SYC & GOT vectors.
- Ensure Escalation process and thresholds are established and define controls & remediation actions.
- Manage project execution with sustainability period.
The position will also be involved in automation projects to improve data consolidation and verification processes with the goal to make reporting processes more dynamic. Qualifications:
Job Family Group:
- Candidates should have 4+ years of experience in accounting or finance or related analytical field. Candidates with MS/MBA degree may have fewer years of experience.
- BA/BS with major in Finance, Accounting, Economics or other related discipline. MS/MBA degree a plus.
- Project management experience is a plus
- Bloomberg terminal knowledge and market data analysis experience a plus.
- High degree of proficiency in MS Suite desktop software applications.
- MS Excel power user, VBA experience is a plus
- Highly analytical, organized and with great attention to detail
- Well-developed written and verbal communication skills. Ability to create polished presentations for senior management.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks with follow- through and commitment for owning work product.
- Ability to work independently under tight deadlines.
- Team-oriented with a high degree of initiative.
Finance Job Family:
Balance Sheet Management Time Type:
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi") invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi
View the " EEO is the Law
" poster. View the EEO is the Law Supplement
View the EEO Policy Statement
View the Pay Transparency Posting