VP C++ Developer
- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- 06 Feb 18 2018-02-06
The Fixed Income Pricing and Risk team involves developing price and risk calculation algorithms for the fixed-income trading platform. The team is currently expanding to develop strategic eTrade platforms to grow in this area. We are seeking strong technologists with C++ skills in a Linux server-side environment. This role will include a combination of long-term strategic development and shorter term business-focused development. You will be expected to gain expertise in various components of the trading platform and take full ownership of the components as well as projects requirement solicitation to roll-out.
As part of the Pricing and Risk team, you will have the opportunity to gain in-depth knowledge of multiple technology stacks, transform legacy systems into modern ones using agile development methodologies while maintaining and improving business functionalities. Internal training courses are offered to help you learning about financial products and the industry.
- Interface with a variety of technology groups, front office trading desks and strategists to gather requirements and to synthesize technology solutions to meet those business objectives
- Software design and development in compliance with software development life cycle standards
- Project planning, execution and delivery into production environment
- Strong proficiency in C++ (11/14) in a Linux server-side environment
- Development experience in object-oriented programming and working with mixture of new and legacy systems
- Strong pragmatic problem-solving skills, result-oriented, and can-do attitude
- Excellent communication skills and ability to excel in a global team environment
- High performance, low-latency programming
- Experience/strong interest in finance industry, and fixed income analytics
- Perl scripting, databases