We are PIMCO, a leading global asset management firm. We manage investments and develop solutions across the full spectrum of asset classes, strategies and vehicles: fixed income, equities, commodities, asset allocation, ETFs, hedge funds and private equity. PIMCO is one of the largest investment managers, actively managing more than $1.91 trillion in assets for clients around the world. PIMCO has over 2,800 employees in 17 offices globally. PIMCO is recognized as an innovator, industry thought leader and trusted advisor to our clients.
PIMCO is one of the world's premier fixed income investment managers with thousands of professionals around the world united in a single purpose: creating opportunities for our clients in every environment. Since 1971, we have brought innovation and expertise to our partnership with the institutions, financial advisors and millions of individual investors who entrust us with their assets. We aspire to cultivate performance and leadership through empowering our people, diversity of thought, and a commitment to an inclusive culture that engages in our global communities. Position Description:
Work as an attorney in PIMCO's Transactions and Markets group with emphasis on derivatives and forward financing transactions. Working knowledge of trading related master agreements (such as the ISDA Master Agreement and Credit Support Annex, Master Repurchase Agreement/Global Master Repurchase Agreement, Master Securities Forward Transactions Agreement), exchange traded futures documentation, OTC central clearing documentation, equity prime brokerage, listed equity options and other credit risk mitigation agreements. Candidate will also be responsible for the review and negotiation of confidentiality agreements, trading platform agreements and control agreements. Candidate will interface on a daily basis with PIMCO's portfolio management group, account management, front and middle offices. Candidate will assist with any derivatives or trading related legal questions or inquiries. Candidate would provide legal advice to the Swap Confirmations group at PIMCO which would entail the review and negotiation of any structured product, equity and commodity trade confirmations, as well as the review of trade confirmations that are generated as a result of various derivative related transactions entered into by the trade floor.
Locations: Newport Beach, CA; New York, NY; Austin, TX Position Requirements:
- 6+ years as an attorney at a leading law firm or in-house .
- Industry experience including in-house experience within the asset management/fixed income industry is a plus.
Experience in the following is a plus:
- Member in good standing of the bar of the State of New York
- Comprehensive knowledge with the following:
- ISDA Master Agreement and Credit Support Annex
- Master Repurchase Agreement/Global Master Repurchase Agreement
- Tri-party collateral control agreements
- Negotiating and drafting contracts
- Leadership skills to achieve the best results working with a high caliber group of individuals
- Extremely well organized, pays attention to detail, high energy level/self-starter, must work well in a team environment, especially with other senior level employees
- Communication skills to work within the firm's demanding and highly focused environment, as well as with clients and outside contacts
- Solutions-driven individual with an ability to drive forward on account-related issues
- Clear commitment to PIMCO's culture, values and approach
- Fixed Income, Credit and/or Equity Derivatives transactions
- Reviewing and Negotiating Swap Confirmations for various products such as Structured Credit Derivatives/Commodities/Equity Index
- Knowledge of ERISA or the Investment Company Act of 1940
PIMCO is committed to offering a comprehensive portfolio of employee benefits designed to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Benefits vary by location but may include:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Life insurance and travel coverage
- 401(k) (defined contribution) retirement savings, retirement plan, pension contribution from your first day of employment
- Work/life programs such as flexible work arrangements, parental leave and support, employee assistance plan, commuter benefits, health club discounts, and educational/CFA certification reimbursement programs
- Community involvement opportunities with The PIMCO Foundation in each PIMCO office