VP Internal Audit -Regulatory Reporting
- Base salary, annual bonus and excellent benefits
- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- The Forum Group
- 19 Oct 17 2017-10-19
Our client, a global investment bank, is seeking an audit professional at the Vice President level. This role is based in New York and will be a member of the U.S. Bank Regulatory Reporting team that reports into the U.S. Regulatory Change Portfolio.
The key responsibilities of this role are:
• Evaluate the adequacy and effectiveness of internal controls relating to key financial and regulatory (bank and broker dealer) reporting operations in accordance with Group Audit methodology and the established risk assessment framework.
• Contribute to risk assessment profiles / business monitoring and the overall implementation of group audit methodology.
• Undertake audit assignments, draft audit reports for review by management, facilitate issue tracking and validate closure of issues.
• Pro-actively develop and maintain professional working relationships with colleagues, the business and respective support areas and work in an integrated manner with fellow team members both locally and globally.
• Complete all work assigned on a timely basis, including ad hoc projects and special investigations.
• Develop and maintain broad financial services experience, Bank knowledge and technical expertise. Keep current on business/industry changes and their effect on the audit plan/approach and Risk Assessments.
• Occasional travel may be required.
• 6 to 10 years experience in financial services, with a minimum of 2 years in public accounting preferred.
• Working knowledge of key financial and bank regulatory reporting risks. Understanding of banking and capital markets products, operations, key banking regulations and general control concepts.
• Regulatory Reporting knowledge of reports and schedules preferred, i.e., FRY-9C, FFIEC031/041, FFIEC002, FR2314/ FRY-11, FRY-7, etc.
• Flexible, pro-active, self-sufficient and innovative individual with strong organizational and multi-tasking skills to take ownership and responsibility of agreed targets and meet them within budget to enable a timely and efficient completion of audit projects.
• Excellent written / verbal communication skills and be able to communicate effectively at all levels within Group Audit and with stakeholders.
• Innovative mindset and ability to develop ideas, which are implemented and have a positive impact.
• Natural role model and reference point for the individual’s peer group.
• Bachelors degree required in Finance or Accounting
• CPA preferred