VP/ Lead Java Software Engineer Corporate & Investment Banking Technology.
A Leading Global Investment Bank in EITHER Manhattan OR North Brunswick, NJ is seeking a Full-Time, Permanent, Employee for a VP/ Lead Java Software Engineer in Technology as part of Commercial and Corporate & Investment Banking Technology.
This is an exciting opportunity to join the team building solutions for the Capital Markets technology organization and we’re looking for individuals to join us on our automation and modernization journey. If you’re passionate about solving complex and mission critical problems with leading-edge innovative technologies through solid engineering practices this role could be perfect for you. In this role you will be building out of strategic cloud complaint platforms to support various strategic business initiatives. This role requires very strong technical knowledge of Java and a solid foundation of server design methodologies. Successful applicant will help enhance, build, and deliver frameworks and business application micro services.
In this role, as Lead Specialty Software Engineer you will:
- Join a high performing Agile team developing software in Java using 12-factor & object-oriented principals and design patterns by practicing/advocating Behavior Driven development methodology
- Create thorough designs - taking care to assure that designs integrate well into existing architecture
- Work directly with business analysts, traders, sales, operations group to understand requirements
- Peer review source code and provide constructive feedback
- Create/modify SQL database objects (tables, views, stored procedures, etc.) and document store such as MongoDB
- Understand and participate to ensure compliance and risk management requirements for supported area are met and work with other stakeholders to implement key risk initiatives
- Perform high quality thorough unit testing and documentation of development activities
- Assure quality, maintainability, and extensibility for supported systems and risk applications
- Provide Level 3 production support as required
- Be an active learner and improve your skills by taking advantage of courses offered by Wells Fargo Technology College
Required Qualifications, US:
- 10+ years of Specialty Software Engineering experience
- 10+ years of Object-Oriented Analysis (OOA) and Object-Oriented Design (OOD) experience
- 2+ years or relational or NoSQL DB experience
- 1+ years of Experience with SDLC and Agile tools such as JIRA, GitHub, Jenkins, Confluence etc.
- 10+ years Java development experience
- DevOps tool set based continuous incremental delivery experience
- Kubernetes like container technology
- Public cloud provider such as Azure, AWS, or GCP
- Cloud based open-source Distributed Caching technology
- Experience working with opensource messaging technologies on cloud such as Apache Kafka/Confluent Enterprise