VP Legal Counsel - Global Credit Trading & Emerging Markets
- Base salary, bonus and excellent benefits.
- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- The Forum Group
- 20 Nov 17 2017-11-20
Our client, a top-tier global investment bank is seeking to add a talented, forward thinking attorney to it's Global Markets Legal team.
Key responsibilities will include:
• Broad transactional coverage of Global Credit Trading and LatAm Emerging Markets businesses within Global Markets.
• Draft, review, and advise on a wide variety of structured finance and derivatives transactions, including direct lending, project finance, repurchase transactions, securitizations, repacks, total return swaps and other OTC derivatives.
• Be actively involved in the management of legal, regulatory and reputational risk, including close coordination with other risk functions.
• Advise on Dodd Frank Title VII and other laws and regulations governing the structured finance and derivatives markets. Expertise on the Volcker Rule is a plus.
• Represent the Bank on related industry and regulatory committees and working groups, including under the auspices of the International Swap and Derivatives Association.
• Advise the trading and structuring groups in relation to the legal and regulatory framework governing the securities and derivatives markets, including without limitation the Commodities Exchange Act, the Securities Act of 1933, the Securities Exchange Act of 1934 and Dodd-Frank.
• Work autonomously with various trading and structuring groups to structure transactions that achieve internal and/or client objectives (including, but not limited to, tax and/or accounting efficiency).
A suitable candidate should possess the following core competencies:
• Good experience with, and a sound understanding of, banking and financial markets;
• excellent investigative and analytical skills;
• strong problem resolution and decision making ability;
• sophisticated written and oral communication skills;
• strong interpersonal and relationship skills;
• a high degree of self motivation and ability to thrive in a team environment;
• familiarity with structured credit instruments and their legal documentation (secured loans, repos, total return swaps, CDS)
• a basic understanding of Dodd-Frank Title VII rules;
• a basic understanding of U.S. securities laws.