VP, Performance Attribution, Financial Modeling Group
- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- 17 Oct 17 2017-10-17
BlackRock is a global leader in investment management, risk management and advisory services for institutional and retail clients. At December 31, 2016, BlackRock’s AUM was $5.1 trillion. BlackRock helps clients around the world meet their goals and overcome challenges with a range of products
BlackRock is a global leader in investment management, risk management and advisory services for institutional and retail clients. At December 31, 2016, BlackRock’s AUM was $5.1 trillion. BlackRock helps clients around the world meet their goals and overcome challenges with a range of products that include separate accounts, mutual funds, iShares® (exchange-traded funds), and other pooled investment vehicles. BlackRock also offers risk management, advisory and enterprise investment system services to a broad base of institutional investors through BlackRock Solutions®. As of December 31, 2016, the firm had approximately 13,000 employees in more than 30 countries and a major presence in global markets, including North and South America, Europe, Asia, Australia and the Middle East and Africa. For additional information, please visit the Company’s website at www.blackrock.com | Twitter: @blackrock_news | Blog: www.blackrockblog.com | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock VP, Performance Attribution, Financial Modeling Group
The mission of the Performance & Attribution team is to provide state of the art performance, attribution and revenue analytics:
- Help clients understand portfolio managers investment decisions and their impact on portfolio performance, thus make informed investment decisions
- Create analytical solutions through collaboration with our partners
- The culture of the team is very open, agile, quantitative, and entrepreneurial.
Background and Responsibilities
The role is for a key member of the FMG Performance Attribution team in New York. The position will be an experienced Java Developer with advanced knowledge in finance, particularly performance and attribution. Familiar with concepts like multi-threading, and server architecture. Knowledge on fixed income attribution. The candidate should be comfortable with other programming languages (C++, Scala, Python, Perl, etc). The candidate will work closely with others in the firm to build state of the art Performance Attribution Product in Aladdin.
- BSc degree in Computer Science, Finance or similar area. MSc or PhD is a plus.
- 4+ years of experience in Java development in a production environment
- Knowledge on portfolio performance analytics, P&L, attribution
- Ability and willingness to learn fast, self-motivate and pick up new things easily
- Analyze and solve programming tasks independently and pro-actively
- Strong communication skills
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, disability, veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.