VP, Product Design
We are PIMCO, a leading global asset management firm. We manage investments and develop solutions across the full spectrum of asset classes, strategies and vehicles: fixed income, equities, commodities, asset allocation, ETFs, hedge funds and private equity. PIMCO is one of the largest investment managers, actively managing more than $2.22 trillion in assets for clients around the world. PIMCO has over 3,000 employees in 20 offices globally. PIMCO is recognized as an innovator, industry thought leader and trusted advisor to our clients.
PIMCO is one of the world's premier fixed income investment managers with thousands of professionals around the world united in a single purpose: creating opportunities for our clients in every environment. Since 1971, we have brought innovation and expertise to our partnership with the institutions, financial advisors and millions of individual investors who entrust us with their assets. We aspire to cultivate performance and leadership through empowering our people, diversity of thought, and a commitment to an inclusive culture that engages in our global communities. Position Description:
PIMCO launched the Global Digital group in 2018 to build and oversee a portfolio of digital products for clients, sales teams, and internal employees at large. Externally, our vision is to bring significant value-added experiences to institutional and financial advisor clients that complements PIMCO's investment services and expertise. Internally, we seek to transform and simplify sales and marketing processes by taking a holistic view of their workflow and how it interacts with each client journey. This fast growing and innovative team of product managers and designers operates as a true start up within a larger organization.
Global Digital oversees products that span:
- PIMCO.com and the firm's global websites
- Pro, a consumer facing client service platform that features analytical investment tools and other resources for financial advisors and institutional investors
- Perform, an internal sales enablement platform that leverages our CRM system
- Publish, an internal content management and publishing platform
- Propel, a set of common infrastructure, products and services that are shared across these systems.
The candidate should be comfortable speaking with many types of stakeholders including engineers, executives and professional investors as these roles will require ongoing research and validation.
We are seeking several design managers who will have an opportunity to set the design and share the product vision for a host of products that are both internally and externally facing. If you seek opportunity to build and drive beautiful experiences for complex products with lots of data and intense workflows, this might be the right role for you. We want talent in this space to be thoughtful in their design decisions and comfortable defending those decisions while being open to new ideas. The team has a high degree of emotional intelligence and is very collegiate, we are focused on doing the best work we can in any environment and the ability to roll up your sleeves and take part in unconventional ways is encouraged. Position Requirements:
***Please Note: Online Portfolio Links are Required for this role. Feel free to include this link on your resume***
- 8+ Years designing products or interfaces for websites or applications.
- A combination of interaction design, visual design and UX research is ideal.
- Strategic interest to help concept, test and validate new products and features.
- Previous experience working in Figma and creating prototypes is a requirement.
- Experience with investment, banking or data heavy applications is helpful.
PIMCO is committed to offering a comprehensive portfolio of employee benefits designed to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Benefits vary by location but may include:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Life insurance and travel coverage
- 401(k) (defined contribution) retirement savings, retirement plan, pension contribution from your first day of employment
- Work/life programs such as flexible work arrangements, parental leave and support, employee assistance plan, commuter benefits, health club discounts, and educational/CFA certification reimbursement programs
- Community involvement opportunities with The PIMCO Foundation in each PIMCO office