VP, Regulatory Initiatives Program Management / COO
Title: VP, Regulatory Initiatives Program Lead / Market Risk CPO
The Global Market Risk Program Lead is a strategic professional who is self-driven, stays abreast of developments within own field, and contributes to directional strategy by considering their application in own job and the business. Developed communication and diplomacy skills are required in order to guide, influence, and convince others, in particular colleagues in other areas and occasional regulators. Significant impact on the area through complex deliverables. Provides advice and counsel related to the business, processes, and operations of the business. Work impacts an entire area, which eventually affects the overall performance and effectiveness of the Global Market Risk team. Responsibilities:
- Manages a large multi-faceted project/account/campaign or multiple projects at the same time.
- Owns project goals leveraging expertise to inspire a sense of shared purpose within the project team.
- Organizes new challenges and drive business results.
- Uses best practice PMO methodology to create a project plan to fit the stakeholders/customers' needs and deliver within budget on desired outcomes.
- Drives end results of the project as a representative of the business.
- Works closely with the cross functional teams to define a project scope and objectives for project members.
- Assesses project risk potentials and discover potential problems before they occur.
- Applies a proactive approach in routinely tracking the project participant progress against project goals.
- Identifies and where required amends the approach to the context and constraints of each project.
- Constantly improving their own and their teams' skills through lessons-learned reviews at project completion.
- Possess the knowledge, skills and experience to be able to recognize when problems surface or potential problems are looming.
- Articulates problems, bring the right people together to solve problems, and know when the problem has been properly addressed and closed.
- Promotes partner involvement through effectively communicating project status upward and to the Client.
- Applies lessons learned from recent projects to future projects.
- Communicates to all concerned parties project milestones, status updates, as well as any existing or potential customer escalation issues.
- Proactively follows escalation and change control processes.
- Owns all management reports on a given engagement.
- Promotes good working relationships across a project, cultivating the people skills needed to develop trust and communication among all of a project's stakeholders: its sponsors, those who will make use of the project's results, those who command the resources needed, and the project team members.
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency.
- 6-10 years of experience, preferably in project management, risk management, or financial services environment
- Ability to develop project plans, manage individual deadlines and goals.
- Knowledge of project metrics, including gathering, reporting, trend analysis, creation, and metrics.
- Ability to identify issues and problems, generate solutions and choose appropriate alternatives using basic root cause analysis.
- Manage project scope by assessing requirements changes, determining and, conveying impact on budget, time, and risk.
- Manage client expectations, anticipates operational and tactical risks and tracks them; clarify, identify, and track requirements and issues, remove barriers, resolve minor project issues and escalate to immediate manager where required.
- Proficient in MS Office applications, MS Project, MS PowerPoint, MS Excel
- Stays abreast of current industry trends and new technology through professional associations, trade journals, networking, and associated training and seminars.
Job Family Group:
- Bachelor's/University degree, Master's degree preferred
Project and Program Management Job Family:
Project Management Time Type:
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi") invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi
View the " EEO is the Law
" poster. View the EEO is the Law Supplement
View the EEO Policy Statement
View the Pay Transparency Posting