Sales to buy side clients of expert network/primary research. Fast growing company, with a good footprint and great young culture.
Our client provides private equity firms, hedge funds and strategy consultants with the information that they need to understand the value of their investment opportunities.
Our vision for delivering deep insight and unbiased market intelligence has evolved into a business with a range of complementary services, eight offices across three continents and a global client base.
Whether it is facilitating a private conversation with an industry veteran or moderating a dialogue between experts and investors, we are on our client’s side, helping them to make informed investment decisions.
We are currently looking to expand our sales team which will focus on introducing our products to US investment firms. As such, we are looking to hire a VP of Sales to join our growing team in New York responsible for identifying, prospecting and qualifying new clients across Hedge Funds, Mutual Funds and Private Equity.
- Learn and demonstrate the client's value proposition across the entire suite of primary research services (expert network, conference calls, private meetings, survey reports and deal origination product)
- Prospect potential clients who fit the on-boarding criteria, developing relationships to better understand their broader research needs and explore cross-selling opportunities
- Work alongside the Research team and your Associate of Sales to effectively manage trials by engaging users and communicating our full suite of research products
- Oversee the generation and qualification of leads through phone and email campaigns
- Lead user acquisition and prospecting strategies
Skills & Experience:
- 7+ years. Track record of handling complete sales cycle from inital call to close.
- Demonstrable ability to generate and follow up on business leads effectively with excellent networking skills
- Proven experience in communicating effectively and building relationships quickly over the phone
- Possess knowledge of sales techniques and financial markets including alternative investments
- A self-starter, who can establish and organize daily sales activities with minimal supervision
- Results driven team player with a positive and “can-do” attitude
- Self-motivated individual with strong time management skills and attention to detail
- Strong familiarity with Excel and use of databases
- Bachelor’s degree
- The successful candidate must, by the start of the employment, have permission to work in the US