VP, Senior Policy Advisor for US Regulatory Capital – Basel III # 097839
- You will take on an exciting and challenging role in our Regulatory Assurance team within our Global CFO/Finance division.
- You will be joining the central team of in-house expertise on Regulatory rules for both Basel (FINMA) and US Fed (IHC) rules covering Regulatory capital, liquidity, leverage and large exposures.
- You will advise on capital and balance sheet implications of proposed trades, along with our business structuring teams. You will contribute to designing capital efficient structures.
- You will act as a key contact for Regulatory policy interpretation questions for business partners, including senior management teams in Front Office, as well as our Finance and Risk divisions.
- You will play a key role in defining our internal capital reporting policy framework. You will keep abreast of critical industry developments, analyze impacts of new rules, and define in-house interpretations.
- You will present and explain complex regulatory subject matters in training events, internal road shows, and regulatory update sessions.
- You will represent our firm in maintaining relationships with local regulators, financial auditors, external advisors, and rating agencies. You will also represent us at industry working groups.
- You have a University degree or an equivalent educational background, preferably coupled with Accounting (CPA), Financial Analysis (CFA) or Financial Risk Management (FRM) qualifications.
- You have 7+ years of experience in Regulatory Reporting / policy interpretation, Financial Audit/Advisory, or working as a Regulatory policy consultant.
- You have a deep knowledge of the US or Basel Regulatory capital framework with a focus on Basel III capital adequacy, leverage ratio, liquidity and large exposure rules.
- You understand banking/financial products and trading strategies
- You are familiar with global accounting standards (US-GAAP, IFRS) and can analyze complex transactions well with strong attention to detail.
- You are an effective and confident communicator with senior leadership and business unit representatives, with excellent presentation and writing skills.
- You are able to provide subject matter expertise and strategic advice to internal partners, especially when confronted with pressure from business divisions on capital interpretations.