What is BlockFi?
BlockFi's mission is to provide liquidity, transparency and efficiency to digital financial markets by creating products that meet the needs of consumers and corporations across the globe. We build bridges between traditional finance and digital markets that enable growth for all participants.
We're a team of builders and strivers, proud to champion financial inclusivity and offer economic opportunities around the globe. We provide the same inclusivity to our team members. BlockFi is a place where diversity is celebrated, individuality is recognized, and every single team member is valued. We are changing the status quo to be the first financial company that people love, and we rely on our people to make it happen!
BlockFi is looking for a VP of Engineering
to join our growing team! About Your Team
You will lead a fast-paced, industry-defining financial services team, creating a highly available institutional lending and trading platform. We are a cross functional team; you'll closely collaborate with engineering, sales, and trading to build out and mature our platform for clients which include traditional and crypto-native institutions. Your Mission
In this role, you will be responsible for the velocity of the engineering team, the quality of the engineered product, and meeting the expectations of both internal and external customers. You will hire, scale, and develop a team capable of executing on product strategies and in alignment with a dynamic product roadmap. You will build and foster a culture of engineering excellence and accountability capable of producing best-in-class products with a focus on teamwork, accountability, and quality. Responsibilities:
- Structure and lead teams, individuals, and cross-functional relationships in a way that ensures productivity and transparent communication
- Structure, mentor and organize a global team of engineers to align with the strategic objectives of the company and execute the product roadmap efficiently
- Assist in systems design between client-facing, risk, and operations systems
- Scale platform end-to-end capabilities across the trade-lifecycle, including:
- client onboarding, deal pricing, order management and execution, risk and position management, trade events settlement and payment operations, treasury management, financial product controls and accounting systems
- Work with cross-functional leaders in product, design, security, etc. to set aggressive but achievable timelines and targets for Engineering deliverables while not sacrificing quality
- Articulate plans and projects to both senior level executives and more junior team members; in addition to representing the team in a variety of scenarios: Company meetings; exec meetings; strategic partnerships; and product direction discussions.
- 15+ years of software engineering experience with 8 years of experience managing engineering teams; preference for FinTech experience
- Expertise in design and implementation of execution algo suite (SOR, TWAP, VWAP, Float etc.)
- Proven leadership experience in an Engineering Leadership role leading a geographically distributed engineering team
- Able to rapidly identify, communicate, and drive to resolution of issues with multiple teams, leaders, and business stakeholders
- Passion for product excellence and experience working in organizations with strong collaboration between Engineering, Products, Design, Security, Operations, and other essential business functions
We benefit from the great work our employees do each day. That is why we are committed to providing a variety of awesome benefits to help them live their best lives.
- Competitive salary because we value your experience and expertise
- Unlimited vacation / sick days because everyone deserves time for R&R
- Employer contribution towards health coverage (including vision & dental) because your physical health and well-being is important to us
- Various fringe benefits such as 401k, Parental Leave, FSA/HSA, and Employee Assistance Programs because health coverage is more than just choosing your yearly plan
- Flexible work environment because we are a geographically dispersed team and we believe in balance
- Pet insurance because all of your beloved family members should have coverage too
- A close-knit team of enthusiastic, collegial and driven people to work alongside in a highly meritocratic environment because teamwork makes the dreamwork
BlockFi has experienced incredible growth since our launch in August 2017. Our client base has grown to more than 225,000 (and counting), and the company now boasts more than $15 billion in assets on our platform. We recently completed a Series D funding round placing the company's valuation at $3 billion, and our team now has more than 500 people worldwide. We have established ourselves as a crypto market leader, and as we expand our product suite and geographic footprint, we expect our addressable market to grow exponentially.
BlockFi's leadership team has decades of experience in the traditional financial services and banking world, and we take a conservative approach to regulation that will position us well for sustainable long-term growth and expansion.
Our team is comprised of highly motivated professionals from diverse backgrounds. We are aiming to become the leading lender in crypto and are poised to redefine the global financial ecosystem for the better. In addition:
- BlockFi is one of the first companies to ever offer crypto-backed loans and the only company whose founding team has an institutional understanding of the debt capital markets and regulatory landscape in the U.S.
- $100 MM of Series A, B, and C funding led by Valar Ventures with participation from Susquehanna, Winklevoss Capital, Fidelity, Galaxy Digital, Akuna Capital, and Morgan Creek
- $350 MM of Series D funding led by Bain Capital Ventures, partners of DST Global, Pomp Investments and Tiger Global
- We are moving quickly and have already deployed substantial capital into the space, proving our ability to execute and capture customer demand