This firm, including its affiliated investment advisors, is a leading independent investment firm specializing in high yield bonds, leveraged loans, private lending, CLOs, distressed and performing credit investments. The firm’s investment activities are concentrated in the U.S. and Europe.
Remote position currently until further notice.
The Valuation Associate will support the pricing and valuations functions of the firm by working with members of the Investment, Operations, Client Accounting, and Legal teams. The individual will also work with outside valuation consultants, auditors and external parties to answer pricing related questions, provide pricing documentation and evidence our valuation methodologies.
- Develop and maintain valuation memos, develop and review financial models, analyze company financial statements, and maintain valuation analyses (e.g., discounted cash flows, precedent transactions, and comparable companies)
- Prepare valuation documentation and pricing analyses for monthly Valuation Committee meetings
- Present valuation recommendations to the Valuation Committee
- Provide input into monthly and mid-monthly pricing, as well as document pricing methodologies, sources and exceptions
- Review the quality of independently obtained broker quotes and pricing feeds. Provide periodic review of quality and procedures
- Work with the accountants and external auditors to provide support with regards to the valuation aspect of the audits
- Other responsibilities will include supporting/supervising team members, as needed
- Bachelor’s degree in finance (with demonstration of high GPA)
- Familiarity with fixed income securities and products
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills, with consistent attention to detail and nuance
- Sophisticated modeling skills, with a high proficiency in Excel
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Knowledge of financial terminology and accounting ratios
- Knowledge of Bloomberg and S&P Capital IQ is a plus
- Ability to learn the financial services industry and apply related concepts