Valuation Financial Analytics & Derivatives Manager
- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- PWC - US
- 22 Oct 17 2017-10-22
Valuation Financial Analytics & Derivatives Manager
PwC is a network of firms committed to delivering quality in assurance, tax and advisory services.
We help resolve complex issues for our clients and identify opportunities. Learn more about us at www.pwc.com/us.
At PwC, we develop leaders at all levels. The distinctive leadership framework we call the PwC Professional (http://pwc.to/pwcpro) provides our people with a road map to grow their skills and build their careers. Our approach to ongoing development shapes employees into leaders, no matter the role or job title.
Are you ready to build a career in a rapidly changing world? Developing as a PwC Professional means that you will be ready
- to create and capture opportunities to advance your career and fulfill your potential. To learn more, visit us at www.pwc.com/careers.
What will you do if you work in Assurance at PwC?
You'll ask questions and test assumptions. You'll help determine if companies are reporting information that investors and others can rely on. You'll help businesses solve complex issues faced by management and boards. You'll serve the public interest and the capital markets by conducting quality audits. Visit http://pwc.to/pwcassurance for more information on PwC's Assurance practice.
The world is quickly changing, that's why PwC is quickly adapting. We're capitalizing on trends that will impact corporate reporting.
Our focus is on globalization, technology, sustainability and environmental reporting, population shifts and regulation. We combine skills and experience to help our clients address their challenges.
As a member of the Transaction Services practice, you will help clients navigate through complicated transactions and events, from evaluation through integration, in a multifaceted business environment. PwC helps clients negotiate with confidence. Some of the world's most prestigious companies rely on our buy-and-sell side due diligence capabilities and turn to us for advice on financial reporting, valuation and tax issues. We also provide advice and project management for capital raising events such as initial public offerings, secondary listings and private placements. For companies in distressed situations, we advise on crisis avoidance, financial and operational restructuring and bankruptcy.
Clients rely on PwC to help them make informed and empowered decisions to invest, divest, raise capital or reorganize. As our clients execute on their chosen strategy, our focus turns to helping them extract value.
With the rapid development of derivatives markets and innovative financial products in recent years, our corporate clients utilize them ever more extensively to hedge risks, manage their capital structure and cash flow, compensate employees, and participate in capital markets transactions. To provide investors with transparency and ability to understand and manage risks, accounting regulations place a significant emphasis on fair value measurements of these instruments. The Financial Analytics & Derivatives group provides clients with customized valuations of complex securities across the capital markets spectrum, as well as risk management and hedging assessments. The group uses quantitative techniques and advanced financial modelling, and works with a wide variety of instruments (fixed income derivatives, equity options, convertible securities, etc.) to provide analysis for purposes of financial and tax reporting, transaction support and corporate decision making. Our valuation professionals help many of the world's largest companies understand the impact complex securities and derivatives have on their day-to-day business and financial reporting results. We also play a substantial role serving the FirmÃ¢â,¬â¢s audit clients by assisting the FirmÃ¢â,¬â¢s core audit teams in reviewing valuation analyses and participating in the resolution of complicated issues.
Minimum Years of Experience: 5
Minimum Degree Required: Advanced degree
Minimum Degree Required Major: in a quantitative discipline, preferably Financial Engineering, Mathematical Finance or a related field
Certification(s) Preferred: CFA or ASA
Demonstrates extensive knowledge and proven success in roles leading and managing Valuation teams within a professional services firm that emphasizes the following areas:
- Developing valuation models using option pricing theory, Monte Carlo simulation, binomial trees, contingent claims analysis, and other financial engineering techniques, especially as it applies to valuing financial instruments (i.e. fixed income securities, swaps, exotic options, convertible bonds, commodity derivatives, and other securities)
- Managing client-facing project teams and engagements that focus on financial modelling, derivatives, securities valuation, risk management
identifying key assumptions and understanding the impact of various inputs into valuation models, deriving creative solutions that involve collecting and analyzing market data used in the valuation, analyzing third party valuations, challenging assumptions, and performing sensitivity analyses
- Preparing memoranda and/or reports that communicate findings and recommendations to our clients concisely and effectively
Demonstrates extensive abilities and proven success in roles, preferably within a professional services firm, involving the following areas related to the direction of Valuation engagement teams:
- Prioritizing and handling multiple tasks in a demanding deal-oriented environment
- Managing client projects, understanding a client's business and technology in order to identify, pursue, and ultimately obtain additional consulting opportunities.
- Conducting independent research to gain an understanding of complex valuation issues, translating and communicating technical concepts in a manner that is understandable to clients and staff
- Performing quantitative and qualitative Valuation-related analyses and modelling, utilizing Excel VBA and/or Matlab, as well as Bloomberg or Fincad.
- Identifying and addressing client needs, including the following: actively participating in client discussions and meetings; communicating a broad range of Firm services; managing engagements including preparing concise, accurate documents and balancing project economics management with the occurrence of unanticipated issues.
- Writing and presenting cogently for industry audiences and clients, including journal articles, practice methodologies and tools, and the writing and presentation of whitepapers.
- Creating a positive environment, monitoring workloads of the team while meeting client expectations and respecting the work-life quality of team members, including providing candid, meaningful feedback in a timely manner, and keeping leadership informed of progress
- Willingness to travel, as client assignments require i