Additional Job Description Job Title:
Rates Valuations Specialist Corporate Title:
Vice President Location:
New York, NY Overview
As a Valuation Control Specialist you will focus on Independent Price Verification (IPV) across interest rate derivatives and municipal products supporting the Core Rates business in the Americas. You'll be an integral part of the team focusing on all aspects of valuation control including IPV, fair value reserving, prudent valuation, methodology, leveling and control framework. You will also be involved on the Market Risk side and interact across the entire organization including Front Office, Risk and Finance. What We Offer You:
- We offer competitive health and wellness benefits, empowering you to value life in and out of the office
- Retirement Savings Plans, Parental Leave, and other family-friendly programs
- On-site cafeteria, health center, and communal meeting areas
- Active engagement with the local community through Deutsche Bank's specialized employee groups
Hear from our people and look inside our office: DB@The Muse Your Key Responsibilities:
Your Skills and Experience:
- Oversight of monthly and intra-month IPV across multiple asset classes with a focus on complex interest rate products and derivatives
- Development of valuation methodologies, model appropriateness and reserving; independent modelling of transactions may be required. Review and deep-dive analysis of Level 3 (i.e. hard-to-value positions), bespoke and structured trades
- Responsible for the valuation control processes for the US Core Rates businesses including but not limited to: valuation, leveling (i.e. Level, 1, 2 and 3), sourcing of market data and back testing, prudent valuation, model calibration, methodology reviews, reporting, observability and overview of results. Respond to relevant regulatory and audit queries
- Involvement on the Market Risk side as fully integrated with Valuation function
- Math(s), Sciences, Finance, Business or other relevant degrees preferred. MS or higher education is an advantage
- Post graduate finance related qualification (i.e. CFA or FRM) an advantage
- Previous relevant experience of working in a markets investment banking environment either in a valuation, risk management or front office (i.e. trading\\structuring) capacity
- Detailed knowledge of financial instrument valuation and risks measurement in a complex product area, preferably in complex products or derivatives. Knowledge of exotics, options, distressed debt, private equity, is a plus
- Programming knowledge is preferred (e.g. VBA, C++, Python, etc.)
Our values define the working environment we strive to create - diverse, supportive and welcoming of different views. We embrace a culture reflecting a variety of perspectives, insights and backgrounds to drive innovation. We build talented and diverse teams to drive business results and encourage our people to develop to their full potential. Talk to us about flexible work arrangements and other initiatives we offer.
We promote good working relationships and encourage high standards of conduct and work performance. We welcome applications from talented people from all cultures, countries, races, genders, sexual orientations, disabilities, beliefs and generations and are committed to providing a working environment free from harassment, discrimination and retaliation.
Click here to find out more about diversity and inclusion.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer - Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories. Click these links to view the following notices: \"EEO is the Law poster\" and supplement ; Employee Rights and Responsibilities under the Family and Medical Leave Act; Employee Polygraph Protection Act and Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.