Vendor Management Specialist
- New York, NY, USA New York NY US
- Permanent, Full time
- S&P Global
- 20 May 18 2018-05-20
Vendor Management Specialist
The Role: This role provides crucial support to the Vendor Management Office to ensure S&P Global Ratings maintains the highest standards for vendor governance, including ensuring that both the vendor/affiliate procurement and monitoring processes are efficient and meet standards.
The Location: New York, New York
What We're Looking For:
- 4-7 Years in the Financial Services industry or similar professional environment
- Highly proficient in computer software skills, in particular:
- MS Excel skills such as working with formulas and pivot tables
- MS Word, PowerPoint for producing reports and presentations
- A bespoke data capture or workflow application (training on the systems we use will be provided)
- Very high attention to detail in a fast-paced work environment
- Impeccable interpersonal skills, including excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrable ability to work well with colleagues from the same and different teams, and at all levels of the organization
- Flexible and accommodating work ethic in an ever-changing work schedule
- Open and eager attitude to learning new skills and doing new tasks
- Experience in a procurement (P2P) or vendor management work environment welcome but not essential
- Experience in process engineering and lean management methodology welcome but not essential
- Support colleagues across S&P Global Ratings to follow the procurement & sourcing process
- Review Purchase Requests and related documentation to help ensure minimum quality standards
- Provide real-time system or process support to avoid delays or re-work, especially in the Ariba and Contract Workspace systems
- Help develop and maintain procedures and training
- Support ongoing vendor & affiliate governance by tracking issues, contracts and other metrics
- Maintain various calendars to monitor and escalate contract deadlines, e.g., Statements of Work end dates and software license renewals
- Capture vendor & affiliate data and report essential intelligence to senior managers
- Support the product ownership of key vendor & affiliate applications, including capturing and validating data, managing access rights and overseeing a backlog of enhancements
- Produce timely reports - including actionable intelligence - for senior managers, e.g., invoice reconciliation report
- Support continuous improvement initiatives and projects to help mature the vendor & affiliate operating model and broaden your skills and experience
- Track team priorities and deadlines and escalate potential delays
- Provide data, research, process analysis or other support to various initiatives and projects
About S&P Global Ratings:
S&P Global Ratings is the world's leading provider of independent credit ratings. Our ratings are essential to driving growth, providing transparency and helping educate market participants so they can make decisions with confidence. We have more than 1 million credit ratings outstanding on government, corporate, financial sector and structured finance entities and securities. We offer an independent view of the market built on a unique combination of broad perspective and local insight. We provide our opinions and research about relative credit risk; market participants gain independent information to help support the growth of transparent, liquid debt markets worldwide.
S&P Global Ratings is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit www.spglobal.com/ratings.
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person.
The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.