- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- 17 Oct 17 2017-10-17
BlackRock is one of the world’s preeminent asset management firms and a premier provider of global investment management, risk management and advisory services to institutional, intermediary and individual investors around the world. BlackRock offers a range of solutions — from rigorous fundamental and quantitative active
BlackRock is one of the world’s preeminent asset management firms and a premier provider of global investment management, risk management and advisory services to institutional, intermediary and individual investors around the world. BlackRock offers a range of solutions — from rigorous fundamental and quantitative active management approaches aimed at maximizing outperformance to highly efficient indexing strategies designed to gain broad exposure to the world’s capital markets. Our clients can access our investment solutions through a variety of product structures, including individual and institutional separate accounts, mutual funds and other pooled investment vehicles, and the industry-leading iShares® ETFs.
Job Title: Vice President – BlackRock Solutions – Portfolio Analytics Group – Market Analytics
We are looking for a new member in the Performance Analytics team to help support the ever increasing demand for Aladdin’s performance measurement and performance attribution capabilities. The Performance Analytics Team sits at the intersection of Aladdin’s analytics and technology and plays a significant role in defining product strategy and prioritization, conceptualizing, designing, testing and deploying new capabilities, working closely with the financial modeling group and product managers. In this role, you will also work closely with BRS client teams, portfolio analytics group and Blackrock Data Services to ensure that ongoing production is working effectively. You will work with clients and relationship managers and business development to ensure that clients and prospects get the best performance and attribution experience possible and that client feedback is addressed appropriately.
We offer a dynamic, team-oriented environment with tremendous learning and growth potential
- Provide thought leadership to help drive the agenda for performance-related product development. Maintain a good understanding of demand from both internal and external clients and prospects as well as interpret the implications of market trends and firm priorities.
- Work with financial modeling group and Aladdin product group to develop new capabilities. Duties include performing analysis, prototyping, creating specifications for and testing new performance analytics capabilities
- Work with client teams and business development to help deliver performance and attribution-related presentations and pitches to clients and prospects
- Support portfolio analytics and client teams in the implementation of performance and attribution, particularly in guiding decisions around tailoring performance attribution to be meaningful to the investment process and ensuring adequate coordinating between analytics team, development team and production operations to ensure successful delivery
- Provide performance measurement and attribution subject matter expertise as a senior point of escalation for client inquiries and production challenges
- Lead the effort to author and maintain documentation and training materials for performance and attribution calculations and methodology
- Provide oversight to the production support process to protect the integrity of the product by ensuring that critical issues are dealt with in a timely and appropriate manner
- Drive innovation in the design of the production process by ensuring the quality control measures are designed to efficiently prevent material errors in performance and attribution results
- 10+ years of work experience with a keen interest in performance measurement, performance attribution and portfolio management process. Backgrounds rooted in analytics, risk and performance/performance attribution are all of interest.
- Demonstrable subject matter expertise in performance measurement and performance attribution tools and techniques
- Ability to manage a team in a dynamic, fast-paced, results-oriented environment
- Ability to influence stakeholders and negotiate competing priorities
- Ability to present to clients and prospects and relate their business needs to the Aladdin toolset in both formal and informal settings.
- Familiarity with aspects of the broader investment lifecycle (e.g. operational processes) that impact performance measurement and risk production
- Strong analytical skills, critical thinking, and problem solving abilities
- Good communication skills (written and verbal), organizational skills, self-starter and ability to perform under pressure and tight deadlines
- Familiarity with the software development lifecycle
- Familiarity with programming/scripting, particularly SQL is a plus