Vice President - Enterprise Risk Management
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
The talent and passion of our people is critical to our continued success as a firm. Together, we share five core values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic:
1. Putting Clients First
2. Doing the Right Thing
3. Leading with Exceptional Ideas
4. Giving Back
5. Committing to Diversity and Inclusion
Morgan Stanley is committed to helping its employees build meaningful careers and we strive to be a place for people to learn, achieve and grow.
Firm Risk Management
Firm Risk Management (FRM) enables Morgan Stanley to achieve its business goals by partnering with business units across the Firm to realize efficient risk-adjusted returns, acting as a strategic advisor to the Board and protecting the Firm from exposure to losses as a result of credit, market, liquidity, operational, model and other risks.
Our mission is to serve as the follow roles:
• Independent agent to set consistent principles and disciplines for risk management
• Strategic advisor to Firm management for setting risk appetite and allocating capital
• Industry leader to influence and meet regulatory standards
You will collaborate with colleagues across FRM and the Firm to protect the Firm's capital base and franchise, advise businesses and clients on risk mitigating strategies, develop tools and methodologies to analyze and monitor risk, contribute to key regulatory initiatives and report on risk exposures and metrics to enable informed and strategic decision-making. Through thoughtful analysis and clear communication we are best able to bring our ideas to the table and improve the Firm.
Firm Risk Management values diversity and is committed to providing a supportive and inclusive workplace for all employees.
Firm Risk Management's unique franchise promotes:
• Flat, flexible and integrated global organization
• Collaboration and teamwork
• Credible, independent decision-making
• Organizational influence
• Creative and practical solutions
• Meritocratic and diverse culture
Credit Risk Management (CRM) evaluates credit risk transactions and approves, rejects or modifies them considering the availability and appropriateness of arrangements for reducing risk or risk mitigation. The department also assigns Internal Credit Ratings; establishes and manages credit risk limits in accordance with the risk tolerance established by the Board; monitors and reports on credit risk exposures on a regular basis to the Chief Credit Officer, Chief Risk Officer & senior management. CRM also interacts with business units to ensure that credit risk assessments are factored into business decisions.
Wealth Management ("WM") provides a comprehensive array of financial services and solutions to individual investors and small to medium-sized businesses and institutions covering: brokerage and investment advisory services; financial and wealth planning services; stock plan administration services; annuity and insurance products; securities-based lending, residential real estate loans and other lending products; banking; and retirement plan services.
The U.S. Banks Enterprise Risk and Governance Team is responsible for managing reputation, strategic and concentration risk, managing the Banks' Risk Governance Framework, Board reporting and regulatory management. The ERG - VP role is focused on managing the Banks' Risk Governance Framework as well as establishing regulatory and risk management processes.
The role offers an opportunity to work closely with stakeholders across Firm Risk Management and as well as with other stakeholders that support the U.S. Banks. The responsibilities include:
• Establish and maintain 2nd Line regulatory management processes across the U.S. Banks including:
o Tracking and reporting the status of regulatory issues
o Coordination of regulatory responses
o Processes for the assessment of compliance with new regulatory rules
• Manage the Risk Governance Framework Policies & Procedures
• Draft policies and procedures as required
• Assist with managing strategic risk and reputation risk
• Assist with managing concentration risk including control framework and reporting
• Lead projects and coordinate ad-hoc requests
• Establishing and maintaining relationships with key stakeholders Qualifications:
Skills Required (Essential):
• 8+ years of full-time enterprise risk management, governance and/or regulatory experience in the financial services industry
• Bachelor degree or equivalent, ideally in Finance, Economics, Law or similar
• Business writing experience, with particular emphasis on policies, standards, guidelines etc.
• Strategic thinker with the confidence to take ideas forward and to challenge others, where appropriate
• Understanding of banking regulation relating to risk management
• Strong organization skills with the ability to multitask and prioritize; ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines;
• Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written; ability to produce concise and effective presentations
• Ability to work in a small team environment, building and maintain a network of contacts and coordinating with a large number of stakeholders
• Experience in management by influence, facilitating and gaining consensus
• Strong proficiency with PowerPoint, Excel etc.