Vice President - Senior Data Engineer Scientist
The North America Global Markets Front-Office group provides investors with a full capital markets range of products including equities, foreign exchange, interest rates, swaps, commodities, fixed income, and other products. The technology team supports the front-office platform supervision team by providing solutions to their needs. The primary tools used for front office trade supervision include Actimize Trade Blotters, Tableau dashboards, Forcepoint UEBA for electronic communications and other supervisory tools.
- Partner with senior business sponsors, platform supervision, compliance, and business management to enhance a highly visible holistic supervisory and surveillance platform
- Design and implement a data strategy to support business use cases focused on multi-vector analysis using various natural language processing and machine learning techniques
- Primary focus is to analyze available structured and un-structured information, apply data mining techniques, perform statistical analysis, and provide methods (algorithmic and technical) to create actionable alerts and reduce false-positives
- Develop and enhance software solutions to meet business requirements
- Gather and document technical requirements and specifications
- Attend regular meetings and interface with internal and external teams related to the project
- Work with the project PM and BA's to provide input on schedules and implementation best practices
- Work on multiple tasks and respect aggressive schedule
- Work in a fast paced environment. Support may include extra hours, nights and weekends.
Minimum Required Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree in engineering, math, statistics, physics or other technical field
- At least 2 years of experience with Big Data technologies including large data stores like Hadoop, Elastic, Apache Solr, Lucene and comparable stacks
- Advanced knowledge of Python and JSON with at least 3 years of experience
- Advanced knowledge of SQL systems, with at least 5 years of experience developing in Oracle, Microsoft SQL Server, PostgreSQL, MySQL
- Advanced knowledge or experience with any of the NoSQL systems such as Cassandra, CouchDB, MongoDB, HBase, MarkLogic, Neo4J, Redis, and others
- Proven track record of implementing internal and/or external Big Data solutions
- Proven ability to find hidden insights and patterns within historical data
- Experienced with Machine Learning
- Knowledge of Cloud Computing (AWS, Azure, Google)
- Basic understanding of project lifecycle stages - Requirements Gathering to Post Implementation
- Experienced as a team player working in a global team
- Ability to manage conflicting requests on time in a continually fast moving environment
- Must be a self-starter with attention to detail
- Strong communications (written and oral) skills in a front-office setting
- Master's Degree in engineering, math, statistics, physics or other technical field
- Experience with Front Office traders, IT support and Operation teams in a Capital Markets domain.
- Knowledge of ElasticSearch, Apache Solr, Python
- Experience with machine learning, natural language processing, AI, or robotics is a plus
FINRA Registrations Required: BNP Paribas is committed to providing a work environment that fosters diversity, inclusion, and equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, gender, age, creed, sex, religion, national origin, disability (physical or mental), marital status, citizenship, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender identity and gender expression, or any other legally protected status.