Vice President, Aladdin Business Development
- Not Specified
- New York, NY, USA New York NY US
- Permanent, Full time
- 22 Sep 18 2018-09-22
BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to our clients, we provide the investment and technology solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of June 30, 2018, the firm managed approximately $6.3 trillion in assets on behalf of
BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to our clients, we provide the investment and technology solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of June 30, 2018, the firm managed approximately $6.3 trillion in assets on behalf of investors worldwide. For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com | Twitter: @blackrock | Blog: www.blackrockblog.com | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock.
The Aladdin Business Development group is responsible for developing new client relationships for the Aladdin Business. This includes understanding the requirements of prospective client organizations and leading consultative sales processes that demonstrate and highlight the value of Aladdin to the specific prospect organizations. Business Development professionals must have a solid understanding of Aladdin functionality and workflows and ability to think creatively to match up prospect requirements with Aladdin capabilities. As part of the sales process, the team is involved with RFP / questionnaire responses, conducting business process reviews, and discussing the cost/value proposition. Members of the team are also involved in developing and maintaining Aladdin sales and marketing materials, as well as working with BlackRock’s Marketing group on messaging and brand development.
The Aladdin Business is seeking a Business Development Vice President with technical skills and a sales or commercially oriented relationship management experience to join the team and play a key role in growing the business. The role will initially involve working closely with senior team members while developing the skills and knowledge required to independently lead sales opportunities.
- Establish relationships with prospect organizations and manage consultative sales processes
- Deliver sales presentations, understand prospective client requirements and carefully qualify opportunities
- Interact with a variety of professionals including Senior Executives, Portfolio Managers, Traders, Risk Managers and Operations teams
- Organize resources across the firm to deliver effective responses and facilitate detailed working sessions with prospects
- Understand a prospect’s current environment and business needs in order to communicate the Aladdin value proposition
- Continually monitor and report on market intelligence and competitive landscape
- Advise on the risk and investment management technology marketplace, its dynamics, its competition and the impact on Aladdin
- Contribute input into Aladdin product development to meet the needs of the marketplace
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in a technical field, Economics, or Finance or years of experience to commensurate experience
- At least 5+ years of technical experience in any of: risk analytics and models, portfolio construction, trading, operations, or in selling or implementing financial management systems at external clients
- A commercial mindset, with the ability to identify and sell new business opportunities
- Familiarity with capital markets instruments (equities, fixed income, derivatives)
- Superior communication and presentation skills, with the ability to convey complex concepts simply and clearly to clients
- Organized, diligent and high energy individual, committed to excellence
- Demonstrated ability to work well as part of a team and excel in a fast-paced, high-intensity environment
- Outstanding academic achievement
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.