Vice President, Research Data and Analytics Lead (New York)
Description About this role
Elevate your career by joining the world's largest asset manager! Thrive in an environment that fosters positive relationships and recognizes outstanding performance! We know you want to feel valued every single day and be recognized for your contribution. At BlackRock, we strive to empower our employees and effectively engage your involvement in our success. Role Description
The Portfolio Analytics Group (PAG) within BlackRock Solutions delivers actionable insights to our investment and client teams, grounded in our proficiency of Aladdin data, analytics, technology and processes. PAG collaborates with investors, risk managers and portfolio consultants to address client challenges with innovative technology solutions delivered with the scale of Aladdin across all asset classes and client segments.
We are seeking a Research Data and Analytics Lead - an interdisciplinary role focused on advancing investment outcomes by accelerating access to research data and related analytics at scale. You will be responsible for driving collaboration with Investment Strategy and Research teams as well as closely partnering with data specialists and engineers in order to facilitate access to data and build solutions that advance investment research decisions. As part of this, you will engage a range of stakeholders in the Portfolio Management Group (PMG) to understand their priorities and needs in order to evolve PAG's agenda in this space.
Partner engagement, consensus building amongst multiple teams and skillful project management will all be key to success. This role is global in scope, has high visibility with BlackRock's Citizen Developer and Data Science communities and provides an excellent opportunity to be a leader in a dynamic team. Key Opportunities
- Accountable for setting strategy, partner engagement and management, and team organization to deliver the highest value
- Partner with domain specialists across PMG Data Strategies & Solution Group and Aladdin Product Group on the buildout of an end to end research process from data to analytical insights that can influence asset allocation and portfolio construction processes
- Provide leadership for the Data Guilds in order to deliver best in class experience for investment teams
- Ensure successful, high-impact delivery of results aligned with PMG's strategic priorities and PAG's value proposition
- Using knowledge of the internal client experience with data, influence the commercial offering around vendor data for the Aladdin client base
- Drive broad adoption and usage of in-house datasets and relevant core Aladdin applications
- Provide leadership in developing PAG talent by driving a cohesive, collaborative, and inclusive culture
- 6-10 years in a strategy role in a technology or financial services setting
- Ability to influence and lead multiple partner teams towards a common goal and managing relationships with senior partners
- Experience with agile methodologies is strongly preferred
- Experience with data sets used for investment workflows preferred
- Understanding of trends in the alternative data ecosystem
- Creativity in solving non-traditional problems; entrepreneurial drive to learn new skills and technologies
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about. About BlackRock
BlackRock's purpose is to help more and more people experience financial well-being. As a fiduciary to investors and a leading provider of financial technology, our clients turn to us for the solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of September 30, 2020, the firm managed approximately $7.81 trillion in assets on behalf of investors worldwide.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com/corporate | Twitter: @blackrock | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock .
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.