Vice President, Senior Commercial Real Estate Specialist
Description About this role
Elevate your career by joining the world's largest asset manager! Thrive in an environment that fosters positive relationships and recognizes outstanding performance! We know you want to feel valued every single day and be recognized for your contribution. At BlackRock, we strive to empower our employees and effectively engage your involvement in our success.
BlackRock's Fixed Income team manages more than $2 trillion in global fixed income assets across index, active long-only, alternative, and liability driven strategies. The platform offers fixed income investors one of the industry's broadest array of investment choices across model-based and fundamental investment styles.
BlackRock's Securitized Assets Team is seeking a Director/VP level candidate to help evaluate, underwrite and expand sourcing relationships for CRE loan opportunities in the United States RESPONSIBILITIES
- Evaluate CRE loan opportunities initially anticipated to be in the form of mortgage loans originated by banks or other institutions and syndicated to individual investors through pari passu notes.
- Identify syndicated loans which provide the most attractive opportunities for client mandates based on quality of underlying loans and collateral, as well as relative value of the investment.
- After circling opportunities, fully underwrite collateral, and perform scenario analysis, including loan loss projections, property due diligence and site inspections.
- Draft and present credit memo to internal credit committee.
- After receiving credit committee approval, close each investment, including negotiation of co-lender agreements.
- Complete on-going surveillance of loan investments, including the maintenance of an appropriate watch list for sub-performing loans.
- Maintain constant interaction with existing BlackRock lending partners to build and maintain a robust pipeline of opportunities. Expand opportunity set by creating new relationships (e.g. lenders not currently showing BlackRock deals) and/or through direct borrower relationships.
- Present updates on market and market opportunity to clients, as well as PMs and others throughout the fixed income platform.
- 7-10+ years of experience in evaluating and underwriting CRE debt throughout the United States.
- Preference (but not mandatory) that candidate has experience in syndicated CRE loans.
- In depth knowledge of major markets across the country to be able to underwrite collateral.
- Self-motivated and ability to lead a business interfacing with counterparts.
- Superior financial modeling, organizational, and communication skills.
- Bachelor's degree or Master's degree with superior academic record.
- Proficient in Argus, Excel and PowerPoint
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about. About BlackRock
BlackRock's purpose is to help more and more people experience financial well-being. As a fiduciary to investors and a leading provider of financial technology, our clients turn to us for the solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of June 30, 2020, the firm managed approximately $7.32 trillion in assets on behalf of investors worldwide.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com/corporate | Twitter: @blackrock | Blog: www.blackrockblog.com | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.