Millennium Management LLC is a global hedge fund with more than 2,800 employees and offices in North America, Europe and Asia. We pursue a global multi-strategy approach to investing, seeking to achieve above-average risk-adjusted returns. Our global investment strategies include Relative Value Fundamental Equity, Statistical Arbitrage, Fixed Income, Merger Arbitrage, Futures/Currency, and Options among others.
The talent and dedication of our people are critical to our success. We offer an opportunity for developing one's professional career while working with individuals trained in a variety of disciplines in a collegial and dynamic environment. We also offer a broad range of competitive benefits on a global basis. Job Function Summary:
This is a unique opportunity for an expert with deep knowledge in both virtualization and storage technologies. The principal architect will be a hands-on design engineer for developing and building the virtualization technologies for virtual servers and VDI using VMware and Nutanix technologies. Required Skills:
- 6-8 years of hands on experience with VMWare technologies
- 2 - 3 years of hands on experience with Nutanix HCI technologies
- Extensive Virtualization Experience - design, implement, and manage virtual environments, including Datacenter cluster(s) managed by vCenter.
- Experience with VMware vCenter design and implementation best practices
- The VMware System Administrator / Engineer must be an expert with virtualization in a VMware environment, including demonstrated experience with configuring/troubleshooting.
- Hands on experience
- Demonstrated experience in virtualization and consolidation of server technologies, specifically VMware vSphere and ESXi Virtual Infrastructure
- Experience with building and maintaining high-availability (>99%) VMware environments
- Thorough understanding of high availability, SRM, fault tolerance, and other BCP/DR technologies.
- Ability to perform root cause analysis on all VMware products. E.g. ESX hosts, Virtual Centers, and Virtual Machines
- Ability to administer, maintain, and troubleshoot Storage Area Networks (SAN) and Network Attached Storage (NAS) attached to VMware environments
- Understanding of virtual environments with respect to proactive performance analysis and identification of potential bottlenecks
- Provide support in performance monitoring, backups, reporting, Root Cause Analysis, and resolution for VMware environments
- Demonstrate good judgment in solving problems as well as identifying problems in advance, and proposing solutions
- Ability to lead, and own projects
- Ability to collaborate with a team working across multiple locations
- Strong customer service skills
- Thorough knowledge of Active Directory
- Good knowledge of MS clustering and SQL server is a plus.
- Good grasp of Windows and Linux operating systems
- Thorough knowledge of setting up BCP different technologies such as Zerto, SRM and etc
- Design enterprise level virtual technologies for the firm
- Manage the day-to-day administration of VMware and vBlock environments
- Performance and capacity management projections
- Create documentation for best practices in deploying Hyper converge solutions
- Provide virtual platform system technical performance and availability recommendations
- Plan and engineer expansion of converged infrastructure
- Deploy and test HA/BCP virtual environments for the firm
- Provide guidance for virtualization best practices
- Participate in the design and support of all backend infrastructure components for the virtual environment for the firm.
- VMWare ESX/vSphere
- Hyper Converge
- Storage Related Skills/Knowledge - Cisco UCS and MDS switching
- Cisco UCS Blade server knowledge
- Thorough knowledge of SAN - excellent knowledge of fiber channel switches
- Knowledge and working experience with Windows (Preferred 2012 and later versions) and Active Directory.
- Network knowledge, skills and demonstrated experience in a complex network data center Environment.
- PowerShell script or equivalent demonstrated experience
- Knowledge of Automation tools such as Chef, Jenkin, Pipelines and etc is a plus
- Experience with other hypervisors such as Nutanix AHV is a plus