About Bloomberg Information Technology:
Corporate Technology is responsible for designing, deploying, and supporting internal IT systems. This encompasses all hardware, software and enterprise applications on the corporate network used by nearly 21,000 employees in more than 170 state of the art offices around the world. We focus on enterprise solutions, productivity tools, and IT systems integration enabling all of the firm's businesses to be more agile. Our Team:
The Server & Storage System Administration team is essential for operational efficiency of our internal IT systems. We are trusted to ensure that our IT infrastructure is running efficiently at all times in order to support the tens of thousands of devices operating on our network. We also support the thousands of employees that rely on our technology to carry out their roles effectively in a fast-paced technology focused company. We collaborate daily with other teams including Security, Telephony, Network, End Point Technology, Audio Visual, Mobile Technology, Service Desk and Infrastructure design teams. We'll trust you to:
As a Server & Storage administrator you will be expected to identify and deliver on opportunities for technical and process improvements. Your objectives will be system standardization, security, performance and stability in coordination with Global team members. The automation and tools you will build, integrate and maintain will provide world-class levels of transparency and significant improvements to agility enabling the team to keep pace with rapidly changing business requirements. You'll need to have:
We'd love to see
- Advanced knowledge and experience supporting VMWare Enterprise technologies in the datacenter, and team lead in greenfield/brownfield deployments, advanced troubleshooting and forecasting (vSphere HA, DRS, FT, VMFS datastores, VSAN, VMWare switching and networking configurations, ESXi advanced configurations, esxcli, VMFS, NFS, vSAN, VVols storage)
- Advanced knowledge and experience implementing and supporting NAS/SAN Storage arrays (Netapp, Isilon, Pure, hardware configurations, serving unstructured data in mixed network environment)
- Experience on enterprise backup systems (EMC Avamar, Cohesity)
- Experience on enterprise server deployments (rackmount, blade, HP and HPE OneView)
- Experience with scripting and automation (Powershell / Python preferred)
- Experience with log aggregation products including reporting and dashboard creation.
- Awareness of infrastructure as code concepts and tools such as Configuration Orchestration, Configuration Management (Chef, Ansible, Git, Jenkins, Grafana)
- Ability to explore data sets, and perform host, application and network level analysis.
- Understanding of enterprise security approaches, including Group Policy Management, Kerberos and PKI Authentication
- Proficiency with applying a wide range of security concepts and hardening of IT infrastructure.
- Strong interpersonal skills including networking, collaboration, communication, time management, adaptability to thrive within diverse environments and cultures.
- Experience working within an agile workflow
Does this sound like you?
- Certifications in Advanced Datacenter VMWare and Netapp technologies
- Cloud infrastructure experience with AWS, Azure AD, and other enterprise products
- Understanding of SQL & implementing clusters
- Solid understanding of Window Servers and Microsoft Active Directory and domain technologies
- Experience with Linux OS
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is committed to diversity. It drives our innovation. At Bloomberg, you'll have the opportunity to go above and beyond and to take risks. You'll be a part of an organization that is entering new markets, launching new ventures, and pushing boundaries. Our ever-expanding array of technology, data, news, and media services champions innovation and empowers clients -- and offers nearly limitless opportunities for career growth.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We bring out the best in each other.